Unsure and need opinions on this...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Unsure and need opinions on this...

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#11
Generally, yeah. It's not like you can get the games in a deal like that until Black Friday comes around anyway, right? My guess is that Gamestop's games will be pre-owned (could be wrong), but Target and Best Buy...well I don't know if they even have pre-owned games to be honest, since I don't go to those stores unless forced to by a random gift card. I would suspect without having any knowledge of whether they have pre-owned games or not, that they both are going to sell new versions since they aren't primarily a game store to my knowledge.

Do Best Buy and Target actually have their official ads out in public yet either?
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: strider_123

strider_123
3 weeks ago#12
Meteordragon10 posted...
Generally, yeah. It's not like you can get the games in a deal like that until Black Friday comes around anyway, right? My guess is that Gamestop's games will be pre-owned (could be wrong), but Target and Best Buy...well I don't know if they even have pre-owned games to be honest, since I don't go to those stores unless forced to by a random gift card. I would suspect without having any knowledge of whether they have pre-owned games or not, that they both are going to sell new versions since they aren't primarily a game store to my knowledge.

Do Best Buy and Target actually have their official ads out in public yet either?

I don't think a lot of places have there ad out a week early. I checked out best buy and they actually have their ad up! omega and alpha are up there for $20 doesn't say they are for new or pre owned either...
[ ;; [__] ;; ]0688-5583-7738-3ds friend code PM me!
[ + [__] :: ]http://shikustar123.deviantart.com/

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#13
There's a way to tell though, but you'll have to make another call. You simply call up Best Buy and ask if they sell pre-owned games or not. If they say "no" you'll know the games will be new, and if they say "yes" then I guess you're right back when you started. Eh.
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: jopatura

jopatura
3 weeks ago#14
Meteordragon10 posted...
Gamestop in some locations have done some shifty things in the past, but this is likely due to corrupt or uninformed employees intentionally/unintentionally screwing over people, not due to the actual store or store policies themselves. Some people think just because they had a bad experience at a store, that all stores of the same name are going to give everyone the same experience or something.

My Gamestop and the Gamestop where I previously lived has been just fine though, and the people there are nice, and don't do things I've seen other people claim Gamestop does. That's why I think all the "corruption" is on the employee end itself.

You should go for the deal honestly, since you are still getting a better deal than what you would at any of the other places. I do not know if they are used or new, but if you call up your store, they should inform you if that's the case or not.

Edit: Nowhere in that ad does it say the games are going to pre-owned. It doesn't say they are new, either.

https://bestblackfriday.com/ads/gamestop-black-friday/page-2#ad_view

At the bottom of page 2. The black section is labeled “preowned.” It includes the Pokémon promo.
http://backloggery.com/Saylii

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#15
Ah. That's a different ad than the one TC posted.

strider_123
3 weeks ago#16
jopatura posted...
Meteordragon10 posted...
Gamestop in some locations have done some shifty things in the past, but this is likely due to corrupt or uninformed employees intentionally/unintentionally screwing over people, not due to the actual store or store policies themselves. Some people think just because they had a bad experience at a store, that all stores of the same name are going to give everyone the same experience or something.

My Gamestop and the Gamestop where I previously lived has been just fine though, and the people there are nice, and don't do things I've seen other people claim Gamestop does. That's why I think all the "corruption" is on the employee end itself.

You should go for the deal honestly, since you are still getting a better deal than what you would at any of the other places. I do not know if they are used or new, but if you call up your store, they should inform you if that's the case or not.

Edit: Nowhere in that ad does it say the games are going to pre-owned. It doesn't say they are new, either.

https://bestblackfriday.com/ads/gamestop-black-friday/page-2#ad_view

At the bottom of page 2. The black section is labeled “preowned.” It includes the Pokémon promo.

so its for all those games? welp then off to best buy i go!

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#17
It kind of sounds like you think that ad is for Best Buy.

strider_123
3 weeks ago#18
Meteordragon10 posted...
It kind of sounds like you think that ad is for Best Buy.

yea i'm just going to go to best buy for the new games for $20.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Unsure and need opinions on this...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived