is the green 2DS a "new" new 2DS?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is the green 2DS a "new" new 2DS?

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
3 weeks ago#11
@TheMKDestroyer lmao I know
I sometimes even get confused with this 3ds 2ds new 2ds/3ds xl whatever crap, I could only imagine how confused a parent who doesnt play games is
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
3 weeks ago#12
I wouldn't suggest buying a N2DS XL either. I heard it is cheaply built.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#13
cymanx posted...
If that's true, it's kind of weird because one of the reasons those models were made was for children whose parents don't want their eyes getting ruined by 3D. And you know, lots of children lose their temper very easily and tend to throw/damage the thing they are mad at. Some adults and/or teenagers are like that too though.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
3 weeks ago#14
Meteordragon10 posted...
cymanx posted...
If that's true, it's kind of weird because one of the reasons those models were made was for children whose parents don't want their eyes getting ruined by 3D. And you know, lots of children lose their temper very easily and tend to throw/damage the thing they are mad at. Some adults and/or teenagers are like that too though.

I have both the New 3DS XL (had to replace since circle pad and right button started malfunctioning) and New 2DS XL (Pokeball Edition for $160). The insides are suppose to be the same, minus the 3D stuff. But the plastic for the New 2DS XL feels very cheap, like the hard plastic of the regular 2DS.

If I could redo it, I would have bought another New 3DS XL instead, especially since I had to spend like another $20 bucks to get a comfort grip anyway so in the end only saved like $20 bucks, I do really like the Pokeball theme though.
PSN: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: Evenglare

Evenglare
3 weeks ago#15
Though the 2DS is not great compared to the other models, its super cheap. I think on black friday its going to be just 75 bucks. Its a pretty great entry point for those that don't have the funds, or for little kids.
Check out www.youtube.com/crystariumnet for all things RPG related both Tabletop and Video Game! Reviews, Podcasts, Lets Plays, News and more! Thanks guys!

User Info: potatochobit

potatochobit
2 weeks ago#16
does ocarina of time need the new processor though?

I remember the hyrule warriors game running like absolute ****** without the new "new" processor

I was just curious if the game paring and the system specs were in good harmony
this is life:
goo.gl/6Kejrv

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
2 weeks ago#17
Ocarina of Time 3D was originally created for the Old 3DS (it released even before the next model up, the 3DS XL was released), and runs fine on it.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: VeryDarkSoul

VeryDarkSoul
2 weeks ago#18
@Evenglare I have the funds but why should I pay $150-$160 for a clam shell 3ds/2ds that realistically is $160-$175 since I don't have a charger when I can get the system, charger, and a pre-installed game for $80

new 2ds xl have more features? yes? worth DOUBLE+ the price? NO.
Rand Paul 2016

User Info: Thorspider

Thorspider
2 weeks ago#19
TheMKDestroyer posted...
Who would want to buy a regular 2ds in 2017? Just because it's green like Link?

Because it's a great deal at 79.99 for someone that doesn't have one yet, it resembles a game boy more in form factor which some people prefer, and only a handful of games are affected by the old processor.

User Info: Evenglare

Evenglare
2 weeks ago#20
VeryDarkSoul posted...
@Evenglare I have the funds but why should I pay $150-$160 for a clam shell 3ds/2ds that realistically is $160-$175 since I don't have a charger when I can get the system, charger, and a pre-installed game for $80

new 2ds xl have more features? yes? worth DOUBLE+ the price? NO.

uhh.. ok. I actually don't understand why your post is so defensive and doesn't really apply to what I said at all, but ... ok. You keep doing you, good luck with that.
Check out www.youtube.com/crystariumnet for all things RPG related both Tabletop and Video Game! Reviews, Podcasts, Lets Plays, News and more! Thanks guys!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is the green 2DS a "new" new 2DS?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived