Can I play the new metroid on the launch 3ds?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can I play the new metroid on the launch 3ds?

User Info: pcutta

pcutta
4 weeks ago#1
I barely keep up with what goes on in 3ds world but I noticed a few versions came out. If that game runs on the old one is it worth playing it on the old one or would it be better on the new 2ds?
Titan973 (psn)
Rainbow 6 Siege, Mass Effect: Andromeda (Co op), Titanfall 2,

User Info: The_Orignal

The_Orignal
4 weeks ago#2
pcutta posted...
I barely keep up with what goes on in 3ds world but I noticed a few versions came out. If that game runs on the old one is it worth playing it on the old one or would it be better on the new 2ds?

It will run on your old 3DS just fine since it is not a new 3DS exclusive.

User Info: regdod

regdod
4 weeks ago#3
I played it on an old XL and had no problems. I don't believe I've heard of anyone having problems on the old models either.

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 weeks ago#4
There's only 2 retail games that will not work on the old 3DS (Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Fire Emblem Warriors). There are several digital games on the eShop that require the new hardware, but you don't have to worry about them because the "Purchase" button on those games is replaced with an "Only available on New 3DS" button that prevents you from buying them.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

pcutta
4 weeks ago#5
Thanks everyone I'll get a new headset instead of a new 3ds system since I can use the old one.
Titan973 (psn)

The_Orignal
4 weeks ago#6
pcutta posted...
Thanks everyone I'll get a new headset instead of a new 3ds system since I can use the old one.

Well considering how old your 3DS is I recommend upgrading to the New 3DS XL so you can get the better experience in playing your games :)

pcutta
4 weeks ago#7
The_Orignal posted...
pcutta posted...

Well considering how old your 3DS is I recommend upgrading to the New 3DS XL so you can get the better experience in playing your games :)

That old screen is pretty small. I'll consider doing that but I want a switch in a few months. My backlog is already huge as is lol. Not sure how much time I'd spend with the 3ds. With my new work life it's more convenient to play portable games so we will see. 3ds has a lot of good games.
Titan973 (psn)

User Info: plagamesforeva

plagamesforeva
4 weeks ago#8
desaigamon posted...
There's only 2 retail games that will not work on the old 3DS (Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and Fire Emblem Warriors). There are several digital games on the eShop that require the new hardware, but you don't have to worry about them because the "Purchase" button on those games is replaced with an "Only available on New 3DS" button that prevents you from buying them.

Add Minecraft: NEw 3DS Edition to the list as well, but I thought there was a least one more retail game... In addition, you cannot download Super Nintendo games onto the older model Nintendo 3DS or 2DS systems.

Plus, games like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Monster Hunter Generations, (maybe The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D) and Hyrule Warriors takes advantage of either the extra processing power and/or camera nub of the NEW Nintendo 3DS systems.

Most games also load far quicker too and the 3D effect is much better and consistent.
CAPCOM needs to make Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 & SQUARE-ENIX needs to REmake FFV, FFVI, & Secret of Mana for the Nintendo 3DS.

User Info: desaigamon

desaigamon
4 weeks ago#9
plagamesforeva posted...

Add Minecraft: NEw 3DS Edition to the list as well, but I thought there was a least one more retail game... In addition, you cannot download Super Nintendo games onto the older model Nintendo 3DS or 2DS systems.

I specifically mentioned that there were some digital games that won't work on the old system. Minecraft is digital only (for now) and VC falls into the digital games category.

plagamesforeva posted...
Plus, games like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate, Monster Hunter Generations, (maybe The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D) and Hyrule Warriors takes advantage of either the extra processing power and/or camera nub of the NEW Nintendo 3DS systems.

Most games also load far quicker too and the 3D effect is much better and consistent.

All games will benefit from the faster loading and improved 3D, but the amount of games that actually use the new hardware to run better is very small. Definitely not enough to consider upgrading, especially now when TC is planning to move on to the Switch.
NNID: HonestCarl 3DS FC: 4012 3979 5838
Now Playing: Mario and Luigi: Dream Team (3DS), Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Wii U), Skyrim (Xbox One)

The_Orignal
4 weeks ago#10
I've been wanting to know. Is the Metroid suppose to be a bad thing or a good thing???
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can I play the new metroid on the launch 3ds?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived