is it possible to perform a system transfer...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is it possible to perform a system transfer...

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
3 weeks ago#1
Without the source system? I'm looking to trade in my 3DS XL this thursday/friday for a new 3DS XL. my current 3DS XL has a 32 GB SD card, but i dont really want to give gamestop this. i also heard gamestop doesnt require an SD card. just the stylus and AC Adapter. if they required the original 4GB SD card, i seemed to have lost that years ago.

i have not gotten rid of my current 3DS XL yet, so if i needed something like my serial number or something, i still have access to that. I also already purchased a micro SD 32 GB card.

ideally, id like to send all my files to my PC before i go to GameStop, trade in the 3DS XL as i get the n3DS XL, take it home and then complete the transfering process via PC if possible. id rather not stand for a long period of time in gamestop, especially on black friday
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310

User Info: dizanimator

dizanimator
3 weeks ago#2
To do a system transfer and keep all your data, you need to have both systems at the same time. It is possible for Nintendo to move your NNID to the new system when you no longer have the old one, but the new 3DS won't be able to read the data from the SD card. You'll have to start all of your digital games and games that save to the SD card over from the beginning.

User Info: Link3

Link3
3 weeks ago#3
Do the system transfer in-store and pick the option that only includes the ID/licenses/etc and then just copy/paste the SD data when you get home.

---

Shinstrike
3 weeks ago#4
Link3 posted...
Do the system transfer in-store and pick the option that only includes the ID/licenses/etc and then just copy/paste the SD data when you get home.

---

sounds like a rather clean and quick solution. thanks, i hope this works out for me

Shinstrike
3 weeks ago#5
Oh one more question, assuming it is okay if i dont give them an SD card, i need to give them an AC Adapter right? think they are cool if i buy one on the spot and trade it in with my 3DS XL?

User Info: Katherine1973

Katherine1973
3 weeks ago#6
Shinstrike posted...
Oh one more question, assuming it is okay if i dont give them an SD card, i need to give them an AC Adapter right? think they are cool if i buy one on the spot and trade it in with my 3DS XL?

No, they don't care if it has the adapter, and I don't even think they care if there's a stylus. They mainly care if the 3ds turns on. They don't even care if the 3ds has the right hinge crack issue, because they took one of my old ones that had a huge hinge crack and gave me full trade-in value for it.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing UP is optional!!
FC: 2363-5887-9166

Shinstrike
3 weeks ago#7
Katherine1973 posted...
Shinstrike posted...

No, they don't care if it has the adapter, and I don't even think they care if there's a stylus. They mainly care if the 3ds turns on. They don't even care if the 3ds has the right hinge crack issue, because they took one of my old ones that had a huge hinge crack and gave me full trade-in value for it.

interesting. i really hope i get this experience as well
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. is it possible to perform a system transfer...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived