Can I use my 2DS XL as a phone?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can I use my 2DS XL as a phone?

User Info: Smothermunchie

Smothermunchie
3 weeks ago#1
I have Google Voice as well as a SIP number I purchased online.

Browsing the internet I've only seen results to do this on the original DS model.

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
3 weeks ago#2
No.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: GeekyDad

GeekyDad
3 weeks ago#3
You mean by way of using the system's browser? Possibly, but I doubt the Internet connection via the 3DS will support anything truly viable.
The new GFAQs interface blows a$$!
My 3DS FC: 1418-6769-0538

User Info: forteanoter

forteanoter
3 weeks ago#4
This is probably either a bad trolling attempt or they single most stupid post i have ever seen on gamefaqs.
One does not simply x

Smothermunchie
3 weeks ago#5
forteanoter posted...
This is probably either a bad trolling attempt or they single most stupid post i have ever seen on gamefaqs.

:(

I live out on the lake at the end of nowhere.

There's no cell phone reception in my home.

I can't seem to get a landline phone connection either even after spending 6 months with AT&T services trying to get them to come out here.

I saw online that it can be done on a DS but I couldn't find any results on this for the 2DS models.

I'm currently using my tablet with an app called CsipSimple but something else is conflicting with it and so the experience of having that as a phone doesn't work correctly.

Hence the question, and screw you for your comment.

Jerk.

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
3 weeks ago#6
It's worth a try I think, report back if you find anything useful :).
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

Smothermunchie
3 weeks ago#7
I'll try it out on my DS later tonight.

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
3 weeks ago#8
Wouldn't be very practical. Surely Verizon would have service unless you live truly outside of civilization.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Link3

Link3
3 weeks ago#9
If not the 2DS (Which seems poorly suited for it), a cheap tablet would probably work for you.

---

User Info: kalvador

kalvador
3 weeks ago#10
You can use Skype in a web browser, would that be a solution for you? It could be worth a shot.
Some people get rich studying artificial intelligence. Me, I make money studying natural stupidity.
- Carl Icahn
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Can I use my 2DS XL as a phone?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived