System Transfer help

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. System Transfer help

User Info: saguyakoko

saguyakoko
3 weeks ago#1
I recently did a system transfer for a new 2ds XL. The problem that I am having is that a ton of my memory card space is taken up and I can't download my version of Pokemon Ultra Sun. When I check for data to delete there is nothing there. I checked the FAQ, but nothing there really seems to answer my question. I would appreciate all the help given. Thank you!

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
3 weeks ago#2
When you system transferred did you move the Micro SD card over? how big are the cards?

When I did my transferred, it only transferred the basic stuff to the system, the SD card itself I had to move over.

If you did it the other way and used the include 4 GB card, you will run out of space pretty quickly.
PSN: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

saguyakoko
3 weeks ago#3
ZodiacSoldier posted...
When you system transferred did you move the Micro SD card over? how big are the cards?

I couldn't move the card because my old 3ds was a regular so it had a regular SD card. It is also 8 gigs

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
3 weeks ago#4
Did you get a new Micro SD card for the New 2DS XL? The systems comes with a 4 GB one, not an 8 GB one and the Pokemon Game itself takes up like 3.6 GB or something.

Don't think you will be able to install it on that...
PSN: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

saguyakoko
3 weeks ago#5
ZodiacSoldier posted...
Did you get a new Micro SD card for the New 2DS XL? The systems comes with a 4 GB one, not an 8 GB one and the Pokemon Game itself takes up like 3.6 GB or something.

Don't think you will be able to install it on that...

I was wrong it was a 4 gig. I just bought a 16 gig and I am transferring the data now.

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
3 weeks ago#6
saguyakoko posted...
I recently did a system transfer for a new 2ds XL. The problem that I am having is that a ton of my memory card space is taken up and I can't download my version of Pokemon Ultra Sun. When I check for data to delete there is nothing there. I checked the FAQ, but nothing there really seems to answer my question. I would appreciate all the help given. Thank you!

The system transfer changed your encryption key. The system can only read titles on the SD card with its encryption key. Your old Nintendo 3DS folder, with your old data encrypted with the old key, is still on the card and taking up space. Delete it with a PC, since it cannot be read by the system now. That will free up the space.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
3 weeks ago#7
bungiefan posted...
saguyakoko posted...

The system transfer changed your encryption key. The system can only read titles on the SD card with its encryption key. Your old Nintendo 3DS folder, with your old data encrypted with the old key, is still on the card and taking up space. Delete it with a PC, since it cannot be read by the system now. That will free up the space.

How do I know which folder is the current one? I've done four transfers I think so that is some space I'd like to reclaim.

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
3 weeks ago#8
Only one folder inside is yours. You can't really tell except to back them all up to a PC and then delete them one by one until you find the one that is yours and delete the rest.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

User Info: cyberpik

cyberpik
3 weeks ago#9
That's what I figured. Thanks bungie!

I figure the current one is either the top or bottom folder so that's where I'll start.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. System Transfer help

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived