Fire Emblem: Conquest or Echoes?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem: Conquest or Echoes?

User Info: GeneralVan

GeneralVan
3 weeks ago#1
Hey guys. So I'm on a Fire Emblem binge and I really love the series. Now I'm wondering what to buy next. Granted, I do plan on playing both of these games, but what should I get next?
Conquest or Echoes?
I currently beat the following games:
Binding Blade
Blazing Sword
Sacred Stones
Awakening
Birthright

I beat all games on normal (classic for Awakening and Birthright) save for Birthright, which I beat on Hard with very minimal grinding.

So which should I play next?
If Conquest, how hard is normal compared to BR Hard/Lunatic?
If Echoes, how hard is hard mode compared to BR Hard/Lunatic?

Thanks in advance!

User Info: Endgame

Endgame
3 weeks ago#2
Neither.

You actually went out of your way to play Binding Blade. Why the f*** are you playing more games made AFTER Blazing Sword instead of BEFORE? Play some Genealogy of the Holy War.

And you even played one route of Fates already. How the f*** could you want MORE of that?! And Conquest is practically the same thing (No matter how hard fanboys suggest otherwise because Nintendo called it "the hard route". Xander breaks the game just as hard as Ryoma and you'd have to REALLY suck at video games to not see that.) but with a worse story. (Thought Xander was mindf***ingly stupid in Birthright? Well, he's the actual protagonist of Conquest, the side where you fight for Garon, and.....)

If Conquest, how hard is normal compared to BR Hard/Lunatic?

Extremely easy. Cowmilla effectively makes Conquest Normal easier than Birthright Normal since she's strong enough to be an instant win button in Normal Mode in addition to Xander being an instant win button. Two instant win buttons > one instant win button. Not to mention Nohrian units in general are flat out better than their Hoshidan counterparts. (Ryoma and Takumi are the only Hoshidans that are better.) And Cowmilla joins really early on. Early Conquest is easier than early Birthright as a result.

If Echoes, how hard is hard mode compared to BR Hard/Lunatic?

Very. Gaiden was a game that was designed to actually try to beat you. Albeit in a cheap way that encourages grinding. And Echoes Hard Mode's enemy stat inflation is pretty significant.

No instant win buttons like Nosferatanks, Ryoma, or Xander here. You have to grind to earn that kind of steamrolling ability.

And even then Res growth is non-existent and the HP cap is 52 so you STILL have to pay attention to what you're doing or the lategame Death Arcanists will destroy you. (And Death is a 1-3 range spell so most of your units can't even counterattack it on the enemy phase.....)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert

User Info: Nanis23

Nanis23
3 weeks ago#3
1/3 of a game or a 1/1 of a game hmmmm..
3DS FC : 3411-1762-0066

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
3 weeks ago#4
Conquest is amazing with great characters, gameplay, and story. I would say its almost perfect!!! It's replay value is also through the roof. Get conquest and you won't regret it. It is in my top 5 3ds games of all time!!!
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: Mega_Gardevoir

Mega_Gardevoir
3 weeks ago#5
Sidenote: the user Endgame hates Conquest with a burning passion.

Anyway! Conquest is considered the most challenging 3DS FE by most players, but the worst story. Echoes meanwhile is a different sort of game. It has no pair up, but several other new features. Also has much better story than Conquest.

If you don't mind the story being poor, I recommend Conquest first because you just completed Birthright. So the classes, skills and pair up strats are fresh on your mind! That will be useful for playing this route. I recommend Hard. You can set it to Normal later if you feel it is too much.

Go Echoes first if you want a more story oriented, fresher experience. Conquest still uses mostly the Birthright engine, so it will feel similar apart from the more challenging maps.

User Info: Maetch

Maetch
3 weeks ago#6
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
Endgame hates Conquest with a burning passion.

He hates Gaiden and all Fire Emblem games released after Blazing Sword.

GeneralVan
3 weeks ago#7
Maybe Conquest is next and I'll save Echoes for Christmas!
How do you get Revelations though? Is it a physical copy or DLC?

User Info: yab

yab
3 weeks ago#8
Maetch posted...
Mega_Gardevoir posted...
Endgame hates Conquest with a burning passion.

He hates Gaiden and all Fire Emblem games released after Blazing Sword.

I think this is the first time where I've seen him actually recommend one. I thought he hated the entire series lol.

User Info: yab

yab
3 weeks ago#9
GeneralVan posted...

only DLC unless you got the Special Edition back at release.

GeneralVan
3 weeks ago#10
yab posted...
GeneralVan posted...

only DLC unless you got the Special Edition back at release.

Oh ok. How many blocks would it take up?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Fire Emblem: Conquest or Echoes?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived