N3DS XL VS N2DS XL, which do you prefer more?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. N3DS XL VS N2DS XL, which do you prefer more?

User Info: cymanx

cymanx
3 weeks ago#1
Between these two handheld models, which do you prefer more and why? Yes, I know some might say the N3DS XL more then others, but I am curios.
vr6exyvr6exy wants to connect his PS4 to his mobile hot spot.

User Info: The_Orignal

The_Orignal
3 weeks ago#2
N3DS XL because of the speakers, it is better quality than the OG3DSXL the only con is the micro sd card placement, you have to take off the back plate with a screwdriver in order to access the micro sd card

User Info: ZodiacSoldier

ZodiacSoldier
3 weeks ago#3
I own both versions and prefer the N3DS XL.

The speakers is front facing and sounds better, the plastic also feels alot higher quality, the N2DS XL plastic feels very cheap in comparison (same plastic as the regular 2DS) and the angle for the camera is very awkward since its attached to the bottom half instead of the top half.

The N2DSXL does have a flap protector for the game though, the Micro SD Card slot is easier to reach in the N2DSXL, but honestly I haven't changed the SD card once after buying a large SD Card so doesn't really matter if you need a screwdriver for the N3DSXL.
PSN: ZodiacSoldierJL // 3DS FC: 3797-9082-8623 // 2DS FC: 0276-2240-8971
Switch FC: SW-6184-3549-7403 // FE Fates CC: 14211-52887-12563-84373

User Info: Raccoon1988

Raccoon1988
3 weeks ago#4
How many time do people actually change their memory card? Swap in 32 gb once and you're done.
Yo-kai Watch
Cuteness is Justice!!!

User Info: PrettyBoyMarth

PrettyBoyMarth
3 weeks ago#5
New 3DS XL's are king.
Wind Waker >>> Ocarina of Time. People who agree: 538

cymanx
3 weeks ago#6
I always thought 32 GB was plenty... How many people actually use more then one 32 GB card?

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
3 weeks ago#7
I upgraded to 64GB when I got my 2DSXL. I could've downloaded a couple of smaller eshop games on my 32GB but after that nothing. And no, it never bothered me that the N3DS slot required a screwdriver to get to. But I never had one, just a regular 3DSXL.

The 3D was never that important to me and I like the form factor of the 2DSXL more. I don't have a problem with the speaker placement. They don't sound worse. They sound quieter because they're not facing you. I don't play with the volume too loud so I have plenty of extra room to work with.

cymanx
3 weeks ago#8
dextorboot posted...
I upgraded to 64GB when I got my 2DSXL. I could've downloaded a couple of smaller eshop games on my 32GB but after that nothing. And no, it never bothered me that the N3DS slot required a screwdriver to get to. But I never had one, just a regular 3DSXL.

The 3D was never that important to me and I like the form factor of the 2DSXL more. I don't have a problem with the speaker placement. They don't sound worse. They sound quieter because they're not facing you. I don't play with the volume too loud so I have plenty of extra room to work with.

My only real problem with the N3DS XL is that it requires a screwdriver that they don't provide you with. It would have even been nice if the stylus HAD a screwdriver on one end to get to the battery compartment, which could have easily been done. The N2DS XL made more sense in this respect.

I think I would go for the N3DS XL for which I prefer. However, I also bow down to the superiority of the N2DS XL as well. It may have a slightly washed out screen, shorter battery life (by an hour I hear) and bad speakers, but the speakers aren't a problem, the screen is brighter, and the N2DS XL is said to be more powerful. Not to mention, the N2DS XL has the best way to load memory cards and game carts. So that basis alone, I'd say the N2DS XL wins.

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
3 weeks ago#9
after many hours of research, i have determined that the n3ds xl is certainly worth the price difference you pay for it over the n2ds xl.

Aside from the SD card placement, the n3ds XL has it beat, as it should, in everything else. from comfort to material used to speaker placement. and this is all going by not assuming the most obvious difference between the 2, that one CAN use the 3D function, while the other cannot.

You still get access to using amiibo with the 2ds xl, and all the games, so theres that if you dont care about the above enough to pay the difference.
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. N3DS XL VS N2DS XL, which do you prefer more?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived