Which pokemon game should I buy?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which pokemon game should I buy?

User Info: SpacePirateKhan

SpacePirateKhan
3 weeks ago#21
The gym puzzles might be thrown out the window in SuMo, but the Totem Battles are actually an interesting change, and if you dont bring a hard counter they can be pretty challenging in Ultra.

The story is kinda bland and everything involving Aether is poorly written but the region is fun if you like tropical stuff. And youll either love your rival or hate his guts, it seems. Most people haye him, I think hes adorable.

... Black/White probably has the last interestong story in Pokemon though if thats what you want.
"The best things in life must be taken... by force!"

User Info: Feline_Heart

Feline_Heart
3 weeks ago#22
I'm going to get ORAS because it's Frankie of my favorite Pokemon game so I know for a fact that I'll like it and also because the Black Friday sale makes it cheaper than usual at GameStop
Stay woke.

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
3 weeks ago#23
INTERWEBUSER posted...
The series has barely changed since diamond and pearl. You'd just be wasting your money buying the same game

Good grief you can say that about just about every series or genre. Dragon Quest from one to nine all has an overhead world view, fghting mechanism is essentially the same with modfications. Platformers 99 ppercent all head in same direction and jumping over bottomless pits, platforms etc.

You play for the experience a new place to explore and see modifications to the system but taking comfort the core is still there.

User Info: Jack_the_monke7

Jack_the_monke7
3 weeks ago#24
Sun/Moon > X/Y > OR/AS

In my opinion of course. I haven’t played US/UM yet, but I’m hoping they’ll at least be better than OR/AS. None of them are bad games by any means, you really can’t go wrong picking any of them.

I’d say strike while the iron is hot and go for UltraSun or UltraMoon. I’ve heard good things and you may as well jump back in with something that people are actually talking about everywhere.
"De edu sud tovouk General Scales!" - General Scales, Star Fox Adventures
StarD86 is forever my hero!

User Info: GeneralVan

GeneralVan
3 weeks ago#25
strider_123 posted...
GeneralVan posted...
ORAS > XY > USUM > SM is my list from favorite to least favorite.

Listen to @GeneralVan (reference to tales of the abyss?), thats my order as well.
EDIT: well technically i haven't played ORAS yet but still.. XY is great though!

Haha nah. I never played a Tales game before. My name is just my YouTube name I thought of when I was like 10 lol.
But if you like RSE better than XY and SM, then ORAS is basically that in 3D.

User Info: LuigiFan835

LuigiFan835
3 weeks ago#26
BW2, HGSS, and Platinum are all pretty good. Sun and Moon are decent, USUM are easily better though
3DS FC:1375-8350-6103; Switch FC: 5454-0571-3814; NNID: MARIOS_BRO123
"Mario and Luigi Paper Jam is factually better than PM:TTYD" -SeamusOHassey
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Which pokemon game should I buy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived