Nintendo 3DS Error during wireless use

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo 3DS Error during wireless use

User Info: rsmstr

rsmstr
3 weeks ago#1
Whenever I try to use any function of the 3DS that involves wireless, the system crashes.
The error screen reads:
An error has occurred.
Hold down the POWER button to turn off the POWER, then turn it on and try again.
For help, visit support.nintendo.com.

I can use every function besides anything that involves wireless. What I am asking is if there's a way to update via SD card? Put the SD card in a laptop, format it or put the most recent update on it, and put it back into the 3DS. Or is this a send into repair kind of thing? Thanks for the help.

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
3 weeks ago#2
No way to update via SD, but if you think the SD is the problem, you can try putting in a nice fresh one to see if it can update and function that way. If there's a corruption on your card where the SD functions live...it's possible this could happen.

I'd also consider calling Nintendo to explain the problem; much of the time they can diagnose an issue over the phone and sometimes even walk you through fixing it. If you get an agent who seems disinterested and isn't willing to try troubleshooting, try calling back because there are a few meh apples in the bunch but most of the Nintendo phone staff is really awesome.
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#3
Just out of curiosity...does the crash occur when your SD card is not inserted?

Supposedly, you can download updates if you pass a streetpass location while in streetpass/sleep mode. I cannot confirm the validity of that though. If that's true then you should be able to download an update while in sleep mode without the use of wifi.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Nintendo 3DS Error during wireless use

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived