Just got a 2ds xl... Anywhere having good sales for games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just got a 2ds xl... Anywhere having good sales for games?

User Info: BlindtoDream

BlindtoDream
3 weeks ago#1
Title says it all. Just wondering if anyone knows where some game deals are going on for good titles.
PSN: BlindtoDream
Xbox Live : Blind to Dream

User Info: Uglyface2

Uglyface2
3 weeks ago#2
E-shop has some good games on sale, if you're willing to go digital. I don't think there's anything groundbreaking at stores this weekend.

User Info: BlindtoDream

BlindtoDream
2 weeks ago#3
That's a shame. I was hoping some goodies would be on sale but oh well. As a side question... Anyone have opinions on Star Fox 64 3d? I read it had motion controls.. are those mandatory? If so do they function really well?
PSN: BlindtoDream
Xbox Live : Blind to Dream

User Info: FuzzyJello

FuzzyJello
2 weeks ago#4
I think Target was having several typically full price games for $25.

There we are: https://www.bfads.net/stores/target/ads/black-friday/page-11#viewer

I've only played Super Smash Bros. (great, still active online, and not "stripped down for portable" in any significant way) and Pokemon OR/AS (also great, I think, though that isn't universal. They aren't current, but they aren't stone dead.), but Yarn Yoshi is on my "sometime in the future" list and Robobot is usually considered the better of the two Kirby games.

BlindtoDream posted...
Anyone have opinions on Star Fox 64 3d? I read it had motion controls.. are those mandatory? If so do they function really well?

The game itself is great; tight controls (in the plane at least), generally diverse level design with multiple progression paths you can readily manipulate, goofy space animal banter, and difficulty levels from "Baby's first space shooter" to "That was a pea shooter why are my wings gone?!". It gets a bad rep for being short, because it is- one run of the game should not take much more than an hour, and you can see every level in the game in as few as three, but is a game you are meant to keep coming back to and I can't call $20 for it highway robbery.

To the 3DS version in particular, it is a very pretty (for its spec) remake with a few minor but appreciable additions. You can save mid-campaign, play individual levels for practice/scoring after you've played them once, and the VS mode has AI bots, more stages, and single-card multiplayer. The motion controls are entirely optional and actually enjoyably functional. Whereas Zero's Game Pad controls were the game's reason d'etre, 64 3D's gyro controls were quite literally the last thing added to the game.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Just got a 2ds xl... Anywhere having good sales for games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived