How is Minecraft?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How is Minecraft?

User Info: 6speednissan

6speednissan
3 weeks ago#1
I’m giving my 7 year old a Galaxy 3ds for Christmas, and she’s a big Minecraft fan. Is this version gimped in any way compared to the others? I’m assuming there’s probably no online battles like the other versions. Does it run and look the same as the others? I’m just curious because of the price. I’m still debating buying it.
PS4 - Switch - Xbox One

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
3 weeks ago#2
yes it's very gimped
low render distance, slow down, and it's running on a lower version of minecraft
though i think the devs will be slowly updating it

anyways it's not the best version (and probably the worst version out)... but it exists and it works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-TUq4tRwpdU
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
3 weeks ago#3
Game crashes if you try horseback riding.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: TheSystemFailed

TheSystemFailed
3 weeks ago#4
I've played about 20 hours on the 3ds version so far. I've had 2 crashes during autosaves. Overall though, the game is fine. It seems to play just the same as on consoles and seems to be more like the pocket editions of the game. It has played smooth for me and I don't notice many technical issues that are game breaking, aside from the crashes. Sure, the draw distances don't match other systems, but it's very functional and has been a blast to play so far. When I say "seems to play like consoles", keep in mind I've had it on 360 and Xbox one and have put in only about 40 hours on each.
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast

User Info: TheSystemFailed

TheSystemFailed
3 weeks ago#5
The touch screen is used well too. Very helpful having the 2nd screen and a constant map.
Xbox Live Gamertag: TheSystemFailed
3DS Friend Code 1092-2676-3451 USA East Coast

User Info: Larpnugger

Larpnugger
3 weeks ago#6
Worst version, you'd do way better on the pocket edition, it's close to the main mincrafts and has a farther draw distance than the Xbox/switch/ps3 and wiiu via render distance settings

User Info: Ninkobra

Ninkobra
3 weeks ago#7
Low draw distance.

Game slows down when many things are onscreen.

I've experienced many, many crashes.

The game desperately needs customizable controls.

But it's alright, if a bit overpriced.
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
3 weeks ago#8
I've seen some pictures here and there. It seems...a bit more low res than what I was expecting to see. Checked out a few videos and it seems alright, but the controls look like they will take a bit to get used to.

Apparently it has framerate issues at times, and due to the way it had to be built for the 3DS, it won't be getting the "better together" update. Yep, no playing with other platforms on it. Might be best to skip it and maybe just go for...probably any other version of Minecraft really.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How is Minecraft?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived