I hope the next true handheld has backwards compatibility

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I hope the next true handheld has backwards compatibility

User Info: KeyToSuccess

KeyToSuccess
1 month ago#11
I love how we can always take a company at their word. They also said the NX wasn't the successor to the Wii U either. Just look at all the huge releases its had lately!

It doesn't matter what they say, what matters is what they actually end up doing.
This is what RPG's are about! Killing people and taking their cool stuff!

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 month ago#12
The Switch is not the 3DS successor. If anything, the Switch is a unification of handheld and console, but it's considered a home console, the successor to the Wii Ugh.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: MagusNotFrog

MagusNotFrog
1 month ago#13
SeamusOHassey posted...
The Switch is not the 3DS successor. If anything, the Switch is a unification of handheld and console, but it's considered a home console, the successor to the Wii Ugh.

I think it-s a successor to both. It's a hybrid, so it only makes sense for it to succeed both consoles. Other than that, dedicated handheld gaming is dying thanks to the mobile market, so I doubt anyone in the future will make a dedicated handheld device.
"The NX is our great obsession." - Caius Ballad, FFXIII-2

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
1 month ago#14
MagusNotFrog posted...
Other than that, dedicated handheld gaming is dying thanks to the mobile market

I don't think that's the case. It's just that no one can seem to match Nintendo when it comes to portable handhelds.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Payback85

Payback85
1 month ago#15
People who think the Switch fills the same marketing niche as the 3DS are some the stupidest people on this board.
Something about a Plague of Stars...

User Info: MagusNotFrog

MagusNotFrog
1 month ago#16
Payback85 posted...
People who think the Switch fills the same marketing niche as the 3DS are some the stupidest people on this board.

I think it will.
"The NX is our great obsession." - Caius Ballad, FFXIII-2

User Info: TrilancerX

TrilancerX
1 month ago#17
Payback85 posted...

Stupid or not

They are right
You're only as ugly as your Amiibos

User Info: _Dog

_Dog
1 month ago#18
Payback85 posted...

"Game Freak has begun developing a core RPG Pokémon title on Nintendo Switch."
Corrin was a mistake.
Not changing sig until Ash wins a Pokemon league, becomes a Pokemon Master and/or ends his journey. Started 12/14/2016

User Info: Unown_201

Unown_201
1 month ago#19
A lot depends on where the Switch goes.

Right now its too expensive to be a typical handheld. Nintendo made the 2DS to appeal to a portion of the market that just wants a cheap handheld for Pokemon and one or two other games.

I don't see that carrying over to Switch.

Pokemon Switch will be the big decider IMO. If it has a noticeable drop in sales compared to the previous games they will have to do something.

What exactly, I don't know.

With Switch, suddenly Pokemon will become a lot more expensive to play. The system is a lot more expensive, games on Switch are a lot more expensive. Then you have paid online too.
"Knowledge is knowing the street is one-way, wisdom is looking both ways anyway."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1282-alternative-science-and-history

User Info: Gogo726

Gogo726
1 month ago#20
SeamusOHassey posted...

Just like when Nintendo said the DS was not the successor to the GBA, right?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I hope the next true handheld has backwards compatibility

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived