I hope the next true handheld has backwards compatibility

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I hope the next true handheld has backwards compatibility

User Info: Lil_Bit83

Lil_Bit83
4 weeks ago#51
I'm sure it will. Plus with the eshop and all, it just makes it easier to add things from older systems.
I'm a chick

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 weeks ago#52
CrimsonSmasher posted...
add a second screen

Thanks for telling us that you don't own a Wii U.
Pro-Tip: Wii U has DS Virtual Console. And it's possible to play DS games on the gamepad.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: 6-19-7

6-19-7
4 weeks ago#53
https://i.imgur.com/79qyjxg.png
Not a native english speaker - Post-ALBW Zelda detractor - If you're not a Metroid fan and don't give any form of support to it, you are my enemy

User Info: jimi_dini

jimi_dini
4 weeks ago#54
6-19-7 posted...

I know trolling surely seems to be fun and insulting other board members seems to be fun as well for you.

On the other hand, call me when the Swotch sold 100 million of copies.
That will be only 2/3rds of what the DS sold.
And that's being pretty nice, because I mean Swotch meme says that it's portable and home console. So add Wii + DS together. That's over 250 million consoles sold. Call me when Swotch reached 200 millions.
Thank you. I doubt I will ever hear from you.
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer."
--Satoru Iwata, 1959-2015 R.I.P.

User Info: dirtman88

dirtman88
4 weeks ago#55
jimi_dini posted...
6-19-7 posted...

I know trolling surely seems to be fun and insulting other board members seems to be fun as well for you.

And that's being pretty nice, because I mean Swotch meme says that it's portable and home console. So add Wii + DS together. That's over 250 million consoles sold. Call me when Swotch reached 200 millions.

Lol that's dumb
3ds fc- 5112-4604-0713

User Info: IrateGameFAQer

IrateGameFAQer
4 weeks ago#56
jimi_dini posted...
6-19-7 posted...

why would you use the DS as the point of reference? Interesting you chose that over the system in question, the 3DS.

Seems like you chose that as an argument point because you have no real argument. Why not choose 3DS + Wii U? That's a more apt choice seeing as it's replacing those two.

3DS sales by the end of its launch year (2011) wordwide was about 11 million
Switch's reportedly getting 10 by the end of this year.
It'll surpass Wii U lifetime sales by next year.

By console's end, I can easily see it surpassing 3DS' 60 or so million.

but we'll never hear back from you, because you made no real argument.
"at least be grateful Nintendo isn't charging you right now." -Unknown
Lesson to be learned: Be grateful for mediocrity.

User Info: CrimsonSmasher

CrimsonSmasher
4 weeks ago#57
jimi_dini posted...
CrimsonSmasher posted...
add a second screen

Thanks for telling us that you don't own a Wii U.
Pro-Tip: Wii U has DS Virtual Console. And it's possible to play DS games on the gamepad.

I own two Wii Us lol. Cat Mario and Pikmin 3 are some of my favorite games of all time.

I suggested a Switch 2 add a second screen. I don’t see what made you jump to this conclusion.
FC 1504 5709 4054

User Info: xOmniCloudx

xOmniCloudx
4 weeks ago#58
You don't like it but dedicated handhelds are dead after this generation. Nintendo made Switch and finally caved and made mobile games for a reason. Nintendo wouldn't be making games for a market that shrinks their own and a hybrid handheld platform if they intended to stay in the dedicated handheld market.

They have an insanely successful and long run but all good things eventually come to an end. This is another one of them.
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. I hope the next true handheld has backwards compatibility

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived