How is 7th Dragon?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How is 7th Dragon?

User Info: Billyblanks

Billyblanks
1 month ago#11
Agree with the last post. 7th Dragon was alright but it's the video game equivalent to popcorn and ends up being pretty forgettable.

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
1 month ago#12
i'd def buy SMT IV if you can only choose one,
plus if you plan on getting or have a switch (and like the game)...
SMT V is on the way :)
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: gatsbyy

gatsbyy
1 month ago#13
7th Dragon was good. I enjoyed the storyline. SMTIVA is good but visually depressing since it perpertual night.

7th Dragon is short, I take my time on rpgs but got to the final boss at 35 hour mark. The game was rather easy until you got to the last boss he had about 4 reincarnations each harder then the last. I never beat it. I rarely do postgame so have no clue if this game has much. Usually I play to the end credits and go for next game.

User Info: Nick Blaze

Nick Blaze
1 month ago#14
I enjoyed 7th Dragon, though it wasn't ground breaking by any means. I did find the dungeons relatively boring.
"Kingdoms long united, must divide. Long divided, must unite."

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
1 month ago#15
I didn't like it, honestly felt like a poor mans Etrian Odyssey with extremely obnoxious characters.

The battle theme also was very good in the 1st dungeon but for whatever reason they almost immediatedly replaced with another, much weaker one.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: Nick Blaze

Nick Blaze
1 month ago#16
I don't see the relationship to EO. It had a decent story, whereas EO is minimalist there. No first person exploration, no map drawing. In fact, the maps are a bit boring in 7th Dragon. Aside from them being RPGs, the similarities end there.
"Kingdoms long united, must divide. Long divided, must unite."

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
1 month ago#17
thedeadman568 posted...
and I do like a challenge.

SMT IV Apocalypse easily then. best jrpg available for 3DS
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310

User Info: thedeadman568

thedeadman568
1 month ago#18
Nick Blaze posted...
I don't see the relationship to EO. It had a decent story, whereas EO is minimalist there. No first person exploration, no map drawing. In fact, the maps are a bit boring in 7th Dragon. Aside from them being RPGs, the similarities end there.

I guess he's talking about the focus on very controlled character progression and the self-created party with portrait choices. The first one on DS was basically considered EO with an overworld.

SMTIV:A is great so far, though I'm a bit lost without having played SMTIV.

I have the funds for 7th Dragon, but I think SMT fills my need for JRPGs for the foreseeable future.

User Info: themegaman7

themegaman7
1 month ago#19
thedeadman568 posted...

I'd say getting SMT4:A before the original SMT4 was a mistake... Apocalypse is the superior game by a slight margin but it's pretty much a straight up sequel to the original.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: thedeadman568

thedeadman568
1 month ago#20
themegaman7 posted...
thedeadman568 posted...

I'd say getting SMT4:A before the original SMT4 was a mistake... Apocalypse is the superior game by a slight margin but it's pretty much a straight up sequel to the original.

I'm beginning to realize that. All the reviews made it out to be a stand-alone story.

I might have to get SMTIV and play that before I continue with Apocalypse.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How is 7th Dragon?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived