Promotions on Nintendo eshop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Promotions on Nintendo eshop?

User Info: GrimPhantasia

GrimPhantasia
1 month ago#1
Hello, I'm new on Nintendo eshop (just bought my first New 3DS). I've seen that a few games are on promotion until December 11th. I heard people say they would rather buy games there on Christmas sales, so I got confused: will there really be a better promotion on Christmas? Would it be better to wait?

Since I've seen just a few good games on promotion since I bought 3DS, I ask you if there are specific dates to find some really good deals on Nintendo eshop (just like Steam season sales).

P.S.: If I bought a Switch for example, would I be able to play games from my account on 3DS Nintendo eshop?

Thank you in advance.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
1 month ago#2
There's random sales throughout the year (especially from third parties like Atlus, Capcom), sometimes ties to holidays, other times themed...like I recall a Smash related sale for characters around the time it was released.

and your PS...no, because switch and 3DS games aren't compatible. They share a few titles, like Blaster Master Zero, but as far as I know they aren't cross buy.

Your wallet is universal though, so money added on the switch could be used on the 3DS and vice versa.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

GrimPhantasia
1 month ago#3
CanibusRtJ posted...
There's random sales throughout the year (especially from third parties like Atlus, Capcom), sometimes ties to holidays, other times themed...like I recall a Smash related sale for characters around the time it was released.

and your PS...no, because switch and 3DS games aren't compatible. They share a few titles, like Blaster Master Zero, but as far as I know they aren't cross buy.

Your wallet is universal though, so money added on the switch could be used on the 3DS and vice versa.

Hmm... I'm talking about Virtual Console and stuff like that. My fear is that digital purchases get lost :/

User Info: Kira_Elric2

Kira_Elric2
1 month ago#4
GrimPhantasia posted...
CanibusRtJ posted...

Hmm... I'm talking about Virtual Console and stuff like that. My fear is that digital purchases get lost :/

Well, there's no VC on Switch, or any word of it yet, so no one knows if you'll be able to play 3DS/Wii U purchased VC games.

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
1 month ago#5
actually i heard there's going to be a sale to celebrate the upcoming game awards, so make sure to keep your eyes peeled if you want to catch some more sales.
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: Cocco

Cocco
1 month ago#6
As said above, no VC on the Switch or at least not yet. However, I doubt that any future VC on Switch will contain DS/3DS games because of the incompatibility (the 2 screen design of games would require a huge work and I doubt it will happen). Clearly, this do not exclude ports/remakes and so far there are a couple of common titles to the 2 libreries (brave dungeon and severed comes to my mind). Still, what said above remain valid. Purchasing the game on one system won't give you access to it on the other. This is a fact unless Nintendo will change it in future (I'm not saying they will do it, just that they could if the wanted to), no matter if you buy digital or physical. I personally always buy physical, but that's a different topic.

GrimPhantasia
1 month ago#7
I'd rather to always buy physical, especially Pokémon, but they're so expensive since Nintendo doesn't sell them in my country. Importing is also too expensive nowadays. :/

I'd like Nintendo gave us any warranty that we wouldn't need buy the same game on 2 different consoles because that's abusive. Beside that, once 3DS will have been discontinued, you may lose your digital purchases if you format it. That's awful.

Anyway, thank you, guys

User Info: Damaged7

Damaged7
1 month ago#8
Well the 3ds is using the eshop which Nintendo seems to want to stick around and use for other systems so as long as eshop is around 3DS games should be available.

Thats the nature of digital games though. By the time it actually game to the servers shutting down you probably would have moved on long ago.
FC: 1221-0777-4703

User Info: Jiupex

Jiupex
1 month ago#9
GrimPhantasia posted...
I'd like Nintendo gave us any warranty that we wouldn't need buy the same game on 2 different consoles because that's abusive. Beside that, once 3DS will have been discontinued, you may lose your digital purchases if you format it. That's awful.

You...apparently have never owned a Nintendo console have you?
Currently playing: Grandia, Y's VII, Dragon Quest VIII

GrimPhantasia
1 month ago#10
Jiupex posted...
GrimPhantasia posted...

You...apparently have never owned a Nintendo console have you?

Yes, many of them. But I have never bought online content from Nintendo.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Promotions on Nintendo eshop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived