Monster Hunter 4 worth $11.99 if I've never played MH before?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster Hunter 4 worth $11.99 if I've never played MH before?

User Info: LoZguy709

LoZguy709
1 month ago#11
I was going to say only if you like pulling your hair out, but since it seems like you do enjoy that, go for it.

User Info: iMURDAu

iMURDAu
1 month ago#12
spacecowboymike posted...
VivaLaRazaLH posted...
I would strongly encourage to go into the game with a buddy or someone else that is willing to guide you. Game has a huge learning curve. Didn't like it at first but when you get hooked... You get HOOKED.

There is a story but that's never been the selling point of the series. In single player, you are given a bunch of quests that you can choose. Only a few of those quests are mandatory to continue progressing. Rinse and repeat.

Learning curves don't scare me. I really like challenges. LOVED the Soulsborne games, especially the bosses. I also love collecting cool looking armor.

You're in for a treat.
My fake plants died because I didn't pretend to water them.
- Mitch Hedburg

User Info: llysender

llysender
1 month ago#13
Its ok, personally I think the game tries to cramp too much into its weapons for its own good. Also hunts take too long for a mobile game(min 30~55min per round) so I hope you don't play the game while traveling.

Other then that its a decent game.

User Info: LordFarquad1312

LordFarquad1312
1 month ago#14
Hunts take 5-15 minutes if you're good. Also, this isn't a mobile game.
The force is my ally
"If you are tired of fear from links... Let Kirby's Nightmare protect you."

User Info: the_rowan

the_rowan
1 month ago#15
LordFarquad1312 posted...
Hunts take 5-15 minutes if you're good. Also, this isn't a mobile game.

Depends. Like even a pretty decent player is probably gonna take 25+ minutes soloing a quest like Fire Drill for the first time, where you need to take down two targets that likely nearly one-shot you (not to mention that some weapons have absolutely freaking godawful matchups vs G-rank Stygian).

Any quest in four-player multiplayer taking longer than 15 minutes, outside of a PUG level 140 GQ against two monsters or Gog, is probably a sign of a really awful team, though.
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Monster Hunter 4 worth $11.99 if I've never played MH before?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived