Still worth picking up?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Still worth picking up?

User Info: legefy

legefy
1 month ago#1
I was tempted a few months ago but decided against it after a friend lent me his 3ds along with fire emblem. My logic was that I'd be less inclined to get one if I'd already played some of the games I was interested in. Thing is I'm still kinda interested for bravely default/second, FE warriors (I'm not buying a switch until there's a model update) and as something to play my old DS games on. It's a pretty large investment though what with a 150£ 2ds bundle, the individual games being like 30, and an SD memory card. Could I get some opinions and recommendations?
I need power over the people! The stupid, stupid people!

User Info: Evieholly13

Evieholly13
1 month ago#2
Get a. Switch

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#3
Evieholly13 posted...
Get a. Switch

Give him $300 then.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#4
Yes.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

legefy
1 month ago#5
I'll be getting a switch as soon as whatever system revision comes out. Also if I got a 2DS I think I'll be at the 300 pounds mark by the time I pick up the games anyway XD You get spoiled when used to other systems where the games go down to around 20 after a few months

User Info: GraphG

GraphG
1 month ago#6
I think a N3DSXL or N2DSXL is still worth picking up. The DS/3DS library is very extensive. I got an N3DSXL in 2015 and have about 30 DS/3DS titles that I think are worth picking up or playing. In my opinion, a system really only needs 15-20 great games to be a great system.

I also have a Switch with about 10 games that I think are pretty good. Out of curiosity, why are you waiting for a model update? What do you think will be put into a new model that is not already there?
I love GC especially PSO
"HUnewearls are crab infested whores." - Fossil

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
1 month ago#7
You've certainly got a back catalog worth looking into, but don't expect more than a trickle of new stuff.
Currently playing: Layton's Mystery Journey
Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, BUY!

legefy
1 month ago#8
Well it's basically just quality of life stuff I'm waiting for with the switch. I've still got the horror stories stuck in my head and even now stuff like the switch holder causing scratches on the screen and possibilities of an upgraded internal storage or something will be polished up with a new model. Even if it's just something like the black Wii u's it'd give me peace of mind.
(message deleted)

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
1 month ago#10
3ds has a great library of games that can never be replicated on switch, as well as playing pretty much all DS games.

Get it.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Still worth picking up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived