mfw I may wind up with more 3DS games than DS games...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. mfw I may wind up with more 3DS games than DS games...

User Info: ChronoCactaur

ChronoCactaur
1 month ago#1
I mean seriously, despite a lot of 3DS games being available digital, I'm finding it pretty difficult to keep my 3DS library at around 30. I had a tough time with DS, having to let go at least a few games I liked, but knew I wouldn't want to replay. 3DS though? It's tough.

I mean even games I thought wouldn't be good, like Miitopia, have blown me away. =/

To add, 3DS has my favorite case aesthetic of every Nintendo handheld. The holes in the plastic aren't as intrusive as the way Wii cases were handled not too long ago, the cases are THIN, and there's room for a manual even though most retail games don't come with one anymore... I could store OG Gameboy carts in these with custom printed covers, amazingly.

Factor in 100% DS backwards compatibility and it easily trumps the DS as the best Nintendo handheld!
Main Channel: www.youtube.com/azuretranquility
Temple Of The Azure Flame. All Games. No BS.

User Info: Zero_Maniac

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#2
ChronoCactaur posted...
Factor in 100% DS backwards compatibility and it easily trumps the DS as the best Nintendo handheld!

Not 100% but it plays pretty much all the DS games anyone cares about.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
1 month ago#3
eh I'd take GBA + GBC library over 3DS + DS

my list would go:

GBA +GB/C
DS + GBA
3DS + DS/VC
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: GodMWOLF

GodMWOLF
1 month ago#4
I barely touch my 3ds

Definitely loved the DS days. Almost every game I bought I put at least 20 hours into.

Most my 3ds games have under 3 hours put into them. Something just didn't click with this system for me.
Only if you're my partner in time

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#5
It's not really the actual 3DS games I like/play. I play OoT 3D, MM 3D, and Pokemon OR the most, and those are ports and remakes of older games. They're not really "3DS games". The actual 3DS games I do have I don't consider worth a replay.
"Remember kid, there's heroes and there's legends. Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart kid, and you'll never go wrong."

ChronoCactaur
1 month ago#6
Well, for what it's worth, one of my favorite games on the system is indeed Majora's Mask 3D. Speaking of which, say what you will about the ports/remakes, but it's pretty amazing that so many of the great classics and newer games are playable on the same system. Wii, WiiU, GBA, N64, etc, games that are gamecube-esque such as the Luigi's Mansions sequel, the Metroid II remake... mmm.

CanibusRtJ posted...

Is this strictly based on nostalgia? Because a huge chunk of OG Game Boy games have not aged well... at all. GBA has some strong original titles like Advance Wars and the Metroids, but it's more of a port machine than anything else.

User Info: Salocool

Salocool
1 month ago#7
CanibusRtJ posted...

my list would go:

GBA +GB/C
DS + GBA
3DS + DS/VC

Absolutely, the GBA and GB/C were rife with timeless classics, while the DS and 3DS have far less masterpieces. Lots of great game, but nothing deeply inspired like Link's Awakening was, for instance.
And the Lord [...] drive out the inhabitants of the mountain; but could not drive out the inhabitants of the valley, because they had chariots of iron.

ChronoCactaur
1 month ago#8
Yes, because going back to a Zelda game with only two item slots (Plus having sword+shield as separate items) is definitely worthwhile. =/

That said I do still like Minish Cap a lot, but jeez.

Zero_Maniac
1 month ago#9
ChronoCactaur posted...
Yes, because going back to a Zelda game with only two item slots (Plus having sword+shield as separate items) is definitely worthwhile. =/

That said I do still like Minish Cap a lot, but jeez.

I don't see what the problem with 2 item slots is. Minish Cap and the GB(C) Zeldas are much better than a lot of the later entries like Skyward Sword and the DS Zeldas.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
1 month ago#10
ChronoCactaur posted...

Is this strictly based on nostalgia? Because a huge chunk of OG Game Boy games have not aged well... at all. GBA has some strong original titles like Advance Wars and the Metroids, but it's more of a port machine than anything else.

not at all. I didn't even have a huge GB library growing up, it was only until I got older I was able to play a lot more of the library. Add in the Game Boy color and advance games, and you get one hell of a library.

Out of the incarnations, I probably had more GBC and GBA games, as by that time I could actually buy games on my own.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. mfw I may wind up with more 3DS games than DS games...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived