Might be a dumb question but

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Might be a dumb question but

User Info: cloud_hopper

cloud_hopper
1 month ago#1
If I transfer data from the default 2gig to a 32 using a pc am I at risk of losing anything? For example, I have quiet a few hours into ultra moon and don't want to lose it
GT:Nocturnalned Since starting this sig FSU football: '12,'13,'14 ACC , '12 & '16 Orange bowl champs, '14 BCS Champs!

User Info: MonarchPoopos

MonarchPoopos
1 month ago#2
pretty much yeah, you need to choose the online option not the pc one

User Info: ranran-001

ranran-001
1 month ago#3
won't lose anything, just copy and paste.

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
1 month ago#4
both answers are correct, but they are for different things entirely, Monarch's is for System transfers, which he/she might be talking about because you used the word "transfer" specifically. If you DO want to do a System Transfer, then yes, use the PC option, online is slow and often goes wrong.

Now, Ran's answer is much straight-forward, and probably for what you want, just upgrade your SD card, just pop it on your PC, copy all and paste it on your new SD card, or if you don't have 2 SD slots, first copy it all into your PC, and then your new SD card, pretty simple stuff.

Here are some tips to minimize things going wrong.

-Always copy and keep things safe until you are sure you have things in up and running, I've seen tons of people assume things go smoothly, they delete all things immediately and then regret it when they have no backup. Even when things go smoothly it never hurts to have a backup, mind you, not all games will be happy with backups, most notably Pokemon or Animal Crossing, if you only care about these, then don't do any backups, they won't do anything.

-Check your SD card properly, there are free tools for this online, some SD cards are fake or can get corrupted easily, better be safe than sorry.

That's actually it, I've had some both good and nasty experiences with SD cards on the 3DS, it's really simple once you understand it, but it can get ugly when you don't take the right precautions. any questions, don't be afraid to ask.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL true Legend. I am one of the real main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thx.

User Info: Salogy

Salogy
1 month ago#5
MonarchPoopos posted...
pretty much yeah, you need to choose the online option not the pc one

I would pick the PC option. If you know what you're doing, then nothing should go wrong. System transfers are super easy, it's the people who post here who can't follow on screen directions. Just do a copy, paste, then and another copy and paste when you need to move the data over to the new SD card for the system transfer. Doing the wireless transfer leads to problems and a lot of time wasted.
"In truth, they haven't been allowed for ages, we've just never enforced the rule" -SineNomine on presigs
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Might be a dumb question but

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived