How to manage your digital games on Nintendo consoles (especially 3DS)?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How to manage your digital games on Nintendo consoles (especially 3DS)?
(message deleted)
(message deleted)

User Info: GrimPhantasia

GrimPhantasia
1 month ago#33
Hmmm, so Wii shop is still around? That's odd...

About the MicroSD, yeah, stuff is always too expensive here, not only games, but especially games, because of taxes. That's why Nintendo is not here anymore. I don't use dollars, euros or whatever currency like that, so it was difficult for me to even get a working international credit card to be able to buy stuff from Nintendo eShop. 1 Dollar costs around 3.3 times my currency. But there are still taxes and video game companies use that as an excuse to make their product even more expensive than taxes make them, so stuff like a PS4, for example, costs over $2000 here. As you see, because of abusive taxes (and, sometimes, companies' greed), even with dollar being so expensive, sometimes importing some products is cheaper.

About Switch, I thought Switch titles were being sold digitally like 3DS titles, so I could buy their digital versions, but according to you, it does not work like that, at least yet, right?

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
1 month ago#34
Nintendo didn't shut down DS and Wii multiplayer, GameSpy did, because they ran it and went out of business. The eShop stayed running because it didn't use GameSpy.

It isn't just N3DS models that can use larger cards. ALL 3DS models can use up to 512 GB.

Sounds like OP is in Brazil, they have restrictive importing of electronics because they tax them at like 125% if they aren't made in the country.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88

GrimPhantasia
1 month ago#35
bungiefan posted...
Nintendo didn't shut down DS and Wii multiplayer, GameSpy did, because they ran it and went out of business. The eShop stayed running because it didn't use GameSpy.

It isn't just N3DS models that can use larger cards. ALL 3DS models can use up to 512 GB.

Sounds like OP is in Brazil, they have restrictive importing of electronics because they tax them at like 125% if they aren't made in the country.

Ding dong! We have a winner! You're right, I live in that... thing

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#36
GrimPhantasia posted...
Hmmm, so Wii shop is still around? That's odd...

About the MicroSD, yeah, stuff is always too expensive here, not only games, but especially games, because of taxes. That's why Nintendo is not here anymore. I don't use dollars, euros or whatever currency like that, so it was difficult for me to even get a working international credit card to be able to buy stuff from Nintendo eShop. 1 Dollar costs around 3.3 times my currency. But there are still taxes and video game companies use that as an excuse to make their product even more expensive than taxes make them, so stuff like a PS4, for example, costs over $2000 here. As you see, because of abusive taxes (and, sometimes, companies' greed), even with dollar being so expensive, sometimes importing some products is cheaper.

About Switch, I thought Switch titles were being sold digitally like 3DS titles, so I could buy their digital versions, but according to you, it does not work like that, at least yet, right?

...There's an oddly large amount of deleted messages that keep showing up in this topic. Weird.

Yes, it is. I was surprised as well since I haven't plugged in my Wii in about a year now.

...that's pretty rough. $2000 dollar PS4? ...I think it's safe to say I won't be visiting wherever you live. If I had to pay ridiculous amounts like that just to be a gamer...well I guess I'd have to give up being a gamer. I think I might end up hating gaming companies too in general if I lived there.

I'm not entirely sure what all is on the Switch yet, as I do not have one myself. I just know from articles, talk around the internet, and other sources that the Switch has an Eshop and it started to get virtual console titles...kind of? They started getting old arcade games or something on there. They go under the name of "Arcade Archives", and are apparently, more or less ports of games that were played in arcades a long time ago, I think even before I was born. Some of these arcade games are different than the titles that eventually released on game systems later. Personally, I hope they release the Mario Kart games I never got to play that were arcade only, but I don't know if that's possible..

Oh but yes, I believe you can purchase some games digitally on their E-shop. My comment was for virtual console (older games), not digital Switch games.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

GrimPhantasia
1 month ago#37
I hope so.

About currencies, I mean $2000 in my currency (R$). Since dollar (US$) is around 3.3 times more expensive than my currency (R$), you can tell that the correspondent value of R$2000 in dollar is around 800~900 dollars. Even so, it's pretty scary for any consumer. Beside that, a value that has so many zeros is scarier for local consumers. If the right conversion was applied, a US$ 250 PS4 should be around R$ 800. It is around R$ 2000, though, because of taxes and Sony's greed, since some taxes do make their products more expensive, but they try to compensate the low number of sellings with a larger price. So does Microsoft. Meanwhile, Nintendo just said "f*** off, I'm out" and promised to fans that they would come back in a future that doesn't seem soon at all. I don't blame them.

Released titles for PS3, PS4, XBOX 360 and XBOX ONE sometimes are sold for R$ 250~300. The right conversion of a US$ 55 title should be R$ 180 at the max. Again, taxes. Even so, after many years, Microsoft and Sony decided to stay here and to produce their consoles here, since their official sellings (i.e., those ones which can be measured, the not imported ones) increased. So games like The Last of Us even got a dub in my language.

You're right, being a gamer here is not easy, most of them gave up of local market and pirate stuff. Many of those who actually still buy stuff preferred to import them, especially when 1 dollar costed around R$ 1.70. Now it costs R$ 3.30, so it got too difficult importing game stuff, so even these ones have to buy locally and just import stuff that's not released here, like Nintendo products or some limited editions of games/consoles. But the market is increasing (and, thus, Sony and Microsoft saw the importance of staying here), ironically, because of those who accept to pay around R$ 2000 for a console or R$ 250 for a recently released title. Imagine, then, if that kind of product was commercialized for a fair price. Market here could be huge. Though it won't be. Taxes won't be changing, it's a pretty crappy place to live in, as you see, after all. I won't be one of those who pay R$ 2000 for a console, even if they're "helping the local market", I appreciate the value of my money enough to not want to waste it with such abusive prices.

And sorry for the deleted messages. I had to delete them because I saw no way to edit my messages on these boards, so I deleted them because they missed words which were indispensable to be understood properly. Although I'm perfectionist, I suppose it's clear that English is not my native language

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
1 month ago#38
Keep in mind if someone sells you the system with the games on them, the games and the NNID become yours.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
1 month ago#39
I've...never heard of that currency before. real huh. I mean yeah, 800ish dollars is still pretty expensive, but when the PS4 here was released here, I think it was at least in the 600-700 dollar range. I'd hate to see what it would've been like there though... Yep, I understand. I already actively avoid things with that many zeros on it to begin with .-. I can't really say much for Sony and Microsoft, because I know they are greedy as all hell, but maybe Nintendo decided not to be as greedy? Or they just didn't want to go through the effort, or something...who knows.

Do you know what your tax rate is off the top of the your head? Considering how much money they make off of you guys, I'm not surprised they decided to set up shop there .-.

Makes sense. I wonder how many people there get in trouble with the law for pirating... Sounds like your government or whoever decides the tax rate there is clearly trying to extort people... Ah no, making it a fair price would mean they couldn't extort money from you all as badly. You know they wouldn't do that. Sounds like you have a good head on your shoulders. Maybe you should consider leaving there one day...

No problem. On the bottom right hand corner of where your text box is (after you post your message), there should be three things: delete, edit, and quote. Edit goes away though after editing too many times, or after an hour has passed (I believe). I'm a bit of a perfectionist myself; especially when it comes to misspelling words or leaving out certain information.

For what it's worth, it wasn't obvious that your native language wasn't English until you started mentioning the actual cost of importing.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: bungiefan

bungiefan
1 month ago#40
Brazil has over a 100% tax on electronic devices and software produced outside of the country. I have a few friends that live there. It pushes a lot of people to buy modified consoles so they can do piracy to offset the huge cost of the hardware. It is like that in some southeast Asian and middle eastern countries as well. Such a thing is just considered the norm there. Brazil didn't officially get the PS2 until about 2009, and it was like the equivalent of $800 USD when it came out there.
http://bungiefan.tripod.com/psbbn_01.html
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/wrines88
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How to manage your digital games on Nintendo consoles (especially 3DS)?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived