If I wanted to get Animal Crossing would Wild World be a good one to get?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I wanted to get Animal Crossing would Wild World be a good one to get?

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
1 month ago#1
Since I play my DS more than my 3DS? A lot of stuff online was shut down right? Can I still enjoy it without it?
My dream has finally come true. I own a SNES Classic.
I like Gardevoir, just not in that way.

User Info: elitepeach

elitepeach
1 month ago#2
Well, it's still fun, but the graphics are pretty dated. New Leaf is better in that regard, and also has better music, imo.

You can still enjoy the game without online. I played it for years without ever having any online friends. However, I have played New Leaf online, and I can say that if you find some nice friends, it's very enjoyable and adds replayabilty. :)

I'd advise you to look up some trailers and such for both Wild World and New Leaf, if you haven't already. Some people still really like WW, but New Leaf is basically the definitive Animal Crossing. It has so many events and thousands of furniture items, as well as a much larger bug/fish encyclopedia.
3DS FC: 0903-2759-4717

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
1 month ago#3
honestly the weakest title of the four main releases but no online doesn't really hamper you beyond not being able to change your hairstyle

User Info: Duncanwii

Duncanwii
1 month ago#4
Second_Chances posted...
honestly the weakest title of the four main releases but no online doesn't really hamper you beyond not being able to change your hairstyle

Well my sister said shed get me any of the 4 for Christmas and I chose Wild World since I thought I'd get the most out of it.
My dream has finally come true. I own a SNES Classic.
I like Gardevoir, just not in that way.

User Info: Muhep

Muhep
1 month ago#5
Between all four? Go retro and get the GameCube original. That way you can play some NES games as well.

User Info: CW Boi 209

CW Boi 209
1 month ago#6
Should have gotten New Leaf simply because it's everything Wild World is, plus more. You have more control over how your town looks due to the fact that you decide where you want to build certain structures, and there's also more things to do.
i7 4790 | ASRock H97M ITX | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | SanDisk Ultra II 960GB SSD | EVGA GTX 980ti 6GB SC+ ACX 2.0+ | CM Elite 130

User Info: MordecaiRocks

MordecaiRocks
1 month ago#7
New Leaf is the better game regardless of online, WW isn't bad but I would still go with NL

User Info: iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme
1 month ago#8
If you HAVE a 3DS, get new leaf. No reason to get WW unless you don't have a 3ds
Best weapon combo in tf2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oUWPbS4450&feature=channel_video_title
http://www.last.fm/user/iammax

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
1 month ago#9
New Leaf is by far the best game in the AC series. Wild World was good for the time, but it's a 12 year old game at this point and New Leaf gives you so much more to do.
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
1 month ago#10
New Leaf also has a platinum points discount on MyNintendo right now. Makes it <$20.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. If I wanted to get Animal Crossing would Wild World be a good one to get?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived