Are the other Zelda games good?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Are the other Zelda games good?

User Info: Terrorknight3

Terrorknight3
1 month ago#1
I played Link's Awakening and that bring up so many memories of my childhood. Just pure nostalgia and the game is pretty good.

I also played and beaten Oracle of Age and Season.

I really like those game. Not sure if it is just nostalgia though.

User Info: Quill

Quill
1 month ago#2
Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D and both good.

If you have a Switch, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is amazing.

User Info: MarioLinkNES

MarioLinkNES
1 month ago#3
If you like those games, I recommend A Link to the Past and A Link Between Worlds too.

Ocarina of Time and Majoras Mask are good too. All 4 of these can be played on the new 3ds.
I own Tandy,2600,NES,NESv2,GB,SNES,GBC,N64,GBA,SP, NGC,DS,DSL,XL,Wii,3DS,3DSXL,WiiU,NS,SMS,SMS2,SG,SG2,GG, SCD,S32X,SS,SDC,PS1,PS2,XBox,360,XO and PC

User Info: Slave 1

Slave 1
1 month ago#4
There are two basic kinds of Zelda games - 2D/top down and 3D/3rd person - and since you've played and liked some of the 2D games I'd definitely recommend giving the following a try:

A Link to the Past (SNES/GBA/Wii VC/New 3DS VC/Wii U VC/SNES Classic)
A Link Between Worlds (3DS)
The Minish Cap (GBA/Wii U VC)

I'd consider each of those a classic in it's own right. They play like those GB/GBC games but with more depth.

If you want to give the 3D games a try, start with Ocarina of Time 3D for 3DS. It was the first 3D/3rd person Zelda and is still a really awesome game. From there, you can go on to the others, but OoT lays the foundation (both gameplay-wise and story-wise) so it's best to start with OoT.
Main objective is efficiency; life is inefficient; life hinders the main objective; life must be eliminated.

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
1 month ago#5
I highly recommend Link Between Worlds

Minish Cap is also really great but a bit short compared to the GB games

The DS games are a bit different. I finished them both, completed Spirit Tracks even but I think they are very mediocre. Worth skipping unless you're really curious
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Are the other Zelda games good?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived