Pokemon Moving to Switch

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Moving to Switch

User Info: JustANerd12

JustANerd12
4 weeks ago#1
I just want to take some time to discus this topic and why I am firmly against it.

For starters, this is clearly not really being done to give us a better playing experience. It is very obvious that this is being done in an attempt to extract more money out of loyal fans. It was not to long ago that the 3DS was released making it necessary to purchase it if you wished to continue you playing any of your favorite series. It seems after Nintendo had filled their pockets, most 3DS games did not even have 3D capabilities meaning that you should not even need the new 3D and 2DSs to play them; yet you had to go out and buy them anyway.

Next, I would like to bring up an argument I found while initially researching this topic that could be easily overlooked but I found quite interesting. The question raised was that of the Switch's ability to handle such an iconic series. For one thing, the Switch is not as portable as it is made out to be. Unlike the DS it cannot be paused simply by flipping it closed. Its screen cannot be covered when not in use. It cannot be transported in a pocket. This console change is just an attempt to save a system that was rapidly becoming a failure.

Finally, many are arguing that all of this can be overlooked if it means getting better, more realistic graphics. Although a valid argument, I think that the current graphics are the most compelling reason not to move the series to the Switch. The cartoon style of Pokemon is huge part of its charm and a staple of the series.

Now I look forward to hear others input. Although I highly doubt anything could change my stance on this but I would like to hear more on both sides. While I respect and encourage the sharing of of other opinions, I do not want replies telling me I'm wrong without an explanation as to why you believe that.

User Info: Ben111

Ben111
4 weeks ago#2
Paid online makes it garbadge
My 3ds friend code is 2852-7795-4118

User Info: irulethegalaxy

irulethegalaxy
4 weeks ago#3
No matter what your opinion is, the games are in development and they will happen with or without your permission.

Also, the argument that "we had to buy a 3DS to play Pokemon, we shouldn't have to buy another system!" is ridiculous. Time marches on, and technology advances. By this argument, since I had a Gameboy back in the day, I should be demanding that Gamefreak make ONLY Gameboy Pokemon games, because I already bought a system to play the game, why should I have to buy another? Sounds like a pretty stupid argument, doesn't it?
Friend Code: 5155-2976-5976

User Info: ecylis

ecylis
4 weeks ago#4
3DS was dinosaur tech when it released and it shows with Pokemon especially. The games can barely hold up even with 3D entirely restricted. Menus are slow to open and close and choosing an option in battle can often cause the game to halt for several seconds while it figures out what it's supposed to do

Not to mention 3DS is just physically uncomfortable. There's not a single downside to bringing it to Switch aside from possibly losing the sales of people too stubborn to buy one or people whose parents won't buy it for them

JustANerd12 posted...
Unlike the DS it cannot be paused simply by flipping it closed.

But it can by simply pressing a button

JustANerd12 posted...
Its screen cannot be covered when not in use.

It can with a case

JustANerd12 posted...
I think that the current graphics are the most compelling reason not to move the series to the Switch. The cartoon style of Pokemon is huge part of its charm and a staple of the series.

Improved technology doesn't necessarily mean a change in art style
http://i.imgur.com/UgOcJQG.jpg

User Info: Forestia

Forestia
4 weeks ago#5
Nintendo just want people to buy the switch, that's the main conclusion out of everything, so if their Pokemon series being made and release on the switch from now on, it's not a big deal as we already see Zelda and Mario there now, even if Fire Emblem new series made it there too, it's obvious as well.

But for me, I'm still not buying the switch cos there's no game which I really want at the moment (other then Zelda BOTW and Fire Emblem Warriors, not a fan of Mario Odyssey~)
All the other switch eShop games, other the Picross S (I think it's the title??), none of them really interest me, so I still like playing my 3DS better.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#6
I mean Pokémon could only feasibly stay on 3DS for a year or two longer. With four games already out and Gamefreak clearly just about at the ceiling of their technical ability on 3DS...franchise fatigue and such will set in. They will lose a lot of potentially sales by not moving on to what is popular.

Yeah they could fairly easily do another remake and still make money and I would be fine with that but it would be a terrible idea to do gen 8 on 3DS.

Your first point is so laughable. Console transitions are a thing. It happens. 3DS has gotten FOUR sets of mainline Pokémon games. 3D continually has been used less and less because quite frankly most people didn’t really care about the 3D for long.

2. Fair enough but there are carrying cases and always the possibility of a smaller model down the line. Also without a “4DS” it’s not like Pokémon has anywhere else to move to. Also online play compensates some for lesser portability.

3. Who gives a pidgey s*** about what random people online say about the graphics? Irrelevant. Better(not realistic I personally hope) graphics in general is of course part of the reason to support Pokémon for Switch.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: DiduXD

DiduXD
4 weeks ago#7
Only reason I'm buying a Switch.
Forget what you've already won and focus on the current match. Main FC: 4313-5212-1176 IGN Matthew
If we all hold on together, our dreams will never die.

Forestia
4 weeks ago#8
pikachupwnage posted...

3. Who gives a pidgey s*** about what random people online say about the graphics? Irrelevant. Better(not realistic I personally hope) graphics in general is of course part of the reason to support Pokémon for Switch.

Shouldn't overall gameplay time be MORE IMPORTANT then Graphics?
...Well, maybe this is why games are getting shorter and shorter in modern days now since most people like PRETTY GRAPHICS more then the game itself (where u can pretty much complete a full game within hours in 1-2 day...)

And pretty much this is the sole reason why I still prefer playing old games rather then new games...
(and yes, I like playing SNES, GBA, NDS+3DS games the most, it's the GAME that matters, not GRAPHIC.)

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#9
Forestia posted...
pikachupwnage posted...

...Well, maybe this is why games are getting shorter and shorter in modern days now since most people like PRETTY GRAPHICS more then the game itself (where u can pretty much complete a full game within hours in 1-2 day...)

And pretty much this is the sole reason why I still prefer playing old games rather then new games...
(and yes, I like playing SNES, GBA, NDS+3DS games the most, it's the GAME that matters, not GRAPHIC.)

Okay? There is a reason why I said “part of the reason”
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

Forestia
4 weeks ago#10
pikachupwnage posted...
Forestia posted...
pikachupwnage posted...

Okay? There is a reason why I said “part of the reason”

Yup, I notice what u said there.
Just that considerating from the gaming society itself, better Graphics is the SOLE REASON to convince people to move on to better consoles to play these games = old generation console should just die no matter what.

So mostly, the problem isn't because of gameplay anymore, it's the GRAPHIC that matters first out of everything.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Moving to Switch

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived