Anyone else been into puzzle and other such games lately?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else been into puzzle and other such games lately?

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#1
In the last few days bought/redowloaded/remembered I owned

Brain Age Concentration Training
Pokémon Picross
Twilight Princess picross
Picross E
Crosswords plus

Been hooked on picross and crosswords now...
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: elitepeach

elitepeach
4 weeks ago#2
Well, I recently downloaded the Puyo Puyo Tetris demo for Switch and have been having more fun than expected with it. I've also started playing TP Picross again. I've had it forever, but have yet to finish Mega Picross.

Thanks for reminding me about Pokemon Picross! I should get back to that.
3DS FC: 0903-2759-4717

User Info: Ruka_

Ruka_
4 weeks ago#3
Picross is a ton of fun. I've completed all but maybe three missions in Pokemon Picross.
Puzzle & Dragons is also a pretty fun one. It starts out pretty easy but ramps up later on.

Also I love the Professor Layton games. There are a lot of great puzzles in there.

They're so satisfying and also pretty relaxing.

User Info: lali_puna

lali_puna
4 weeks ago#4
hehe, after playing almost every other Picross game, I just bought Picross E1 a few days ago!
...and a great journey continues! =)

User Info: Meteordragon10

Meteordragon10
4 weeks ago#5
No. Honestly, I think the last time I actually played a puzzle "video game" was way back on the original Gameboy.

Picross games are basically just word puzzle games right? I suppose I wouldn't mind trying that Twilight Princess picross game...I'm assuming that's something on My Nintendo.
3DS Friend Code: 2921-9132-1786 (3DS Name: Kratos), Region: NA/US
Unless I state otherwise, assume by default everything I am saying is merely an opinion.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#6
Meteordragon10 posted...
No. Honestly, I think the last time I actually played a puzzle "video game" was way back on the original Gameboy.

Picross games are basically just word puzzle games right? I suppose I wouldn't mind trying that Twilight Princess picross game...I'm assuming that's something on My Nintendo.

It is. Also picross has nothing to do with words. Basically you have a grid and there are numbers for each row of the grid indicating how many consecutive blocks to fill in.

For example if you had a 10x10 grid and you spotted a row with a 4 and a 5 you would fill the first four blocks skip the fifth block and that fill the remaining five blocks as with ten squares than is the only possible solution for that row.

Once you have filled every single block you are supposed to fill a picture is revealed.

You could describe it as having elements similar to Sudoku and crossword puzzles.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: Vysion_of_books

Vysion_of_books
4 weeks ago#7
While I enjoy picross, I've not played it recently nor bought the Picross E titles.

I'm back playing Puzzler World 2013 that I picked up digitally long ago. I'm just over halfway through all of the puzzles. There are sixteen puzzle types per tier in a 4x4 grid and you progress by completing tiers. Each row and column completed earns coins for a slot machine to try for more coins.

You can also go directly to the types of puzzles you like. It's a nice blend of word, logic, number, and visual puzzle types. They are: Crossword, Wordsearch, Link-A-Pix, Maze-A-Pix, Sudoku, Takegaki, Fitword, Codeword, Split Words, Pathfinder, Spot the Difference, Sum People, Backwords, Loko, Number Jig, and one more that escapes me.

After each successful game, you can play an additional mini-game like Hangman, Jigsaw, Missing Piece, Chain Letters, Color-In, Symbols, and Sum Up. Once finished, you get a free spin on the slot machine guaranteed to pay off at a random number.

Coins can be spent on hints of five, ten, or twenty coins which might fill in a letter or check the puzzle for errors. I've built up over 10,000 coins at this point, but use them liberally on puzzles I don't enjoy. I'll fill a puzzle all in and check for errors to flag incorrect entries.

~~~
On a tangent, I enjoyed Clubhouse Games (DS) with a different selection of games. The list is from Tom Ingram's FAQ on GameFAQs:

Card Games
Old Maid, Spit, I Doubt It (aka Cheat), Sevens, Memory, Pig, Blackjack, Hearts, President, Rummy, Seven, Bridge, Last Card, Last Card + (Crazy Eights), Five Card Draw (Poker), Texas Hold'em, Nap, Spades, Contract Bridge

Board Games
Chinese Checkers, Checkers, Dots and Boxes, Hasami Shogi, Turncoat, Connect Five, Grid Attack (variation of Battleship), Backgammon, Chess, Shogi, Field Tactics, Ludo (also called Parcheesi)

Variety Games
Soda Shake, Dominoes, Koi-Koi, Word Balloon (similar to Hangman)

Action Games
Bowling, Darts, Billiards (also called Pool), Balance (similar to Topple), Takeover

Solitaire Games
Solitaire (Klondike), Escape (similar to Rush Hour), Mahjong Solitaire
-Vysion_of_books, vision with one i

User Info: SS4kronos33

SS4kronos33
4 weeks ago#8
just tetris for me
"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata (1959-2015).

User Info: ac_helper

ac_helper
4 weeks ago#9
I LOVE the puzzle genre on the DS/3DS. The touch screen just screams "puzzle" games, at least to me. I have lots of puzzle games! In no particular order:
3DS:
Sumico
Quell: Memento
Quell: Reflect
Puzzle Box Setup
Pix3D
Word Logic by Powgi
Word Search by Powgi
Puzzler World XL
Puzzler World 2013
3D Game Collection
Classic Games Overload (Card and Puzzle Edition)
SubaraCity
Picross E 1-7
Mario's Picross
Pokemon Picross
Pic-a-Pix Color
Box Pusher
Simply Minesweeper
Extreme Hangman 1 and 2
Tappingo 1 and 2

DS:
Clubhouse Games
Color Cross
Crosswords DS
Meteos
Picross 3D
Picross DS
Tetris DS

I'm waiting for Picross 3D 2 to go on sale before I get it (I think i missed one sale it had already).
AC:NL - Town 1: Mayor Helper in Perfect - New DA: 5F00-0019-E47C
T2: Mayor DocBrown in Hilldale (Back to the Future themed) New DA: 4D00-0011-4CC8

User Info: Bosuonparedo

Bosuonparedo
4 weeks ago#10
Never not into it! :D

I've been playing Puzzler World 2013 too lately. Love the Loko puzzles, wish there were more of them. But I did track down the designer of Loko (and Suko for that matter) and he says he has a Loko app for mobile platforms in the works. Hooray!

Other than that, not doing much on my 3DS. I need to get the d-pad fixed. Been playing Picross 3D on my DSi though.

Been playing lots of puzzlers on my tablet as well. Doing the weekly puzzles for all the Conceptis apps and enjoying Hungry Cat Picross in particular.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Anyone else been into puzzle and other such games lately?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived