How's Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How's Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale?

User Info: SuperSuikoden

SuperSuikoden
4 weeks ago#1
Anyone played, it looks like it's not popular?
Your signature is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make.

User Info: colt85

colt85
4 weeks ago#2
- Looks nice. Has a lot of VA. It combines your typical HM mechanics: crops, animals, wooing girls (which you can't date or anything because canon) with SRPGish battles.
- It is veeeeeeeeeery easy. Apparently there's a difficulty spike at the end but I didn't really bother to play that much.
- Don't really like the dungeons since they look like those boring randomly generated ones (even though these aren't)
- Enemies elemental weaknesses don't make sense

I'd say only play it if you're a fan of the series, since at the end of the day it's just average.
http://calkubo.deviantart.com/
3DS (2294 6040 1182) NNID (Calkubo)

User Info: silent_wolf66

silent_wolf66
4 weeks ago#3
It's certainly a mix of RPG and Farm Sim but it's pretty dry at both. I'd actually not recommend it.

User Info: SuperSuikoden

SuperSuikoden
4 weeks ago#4
Looks like skipping it then. Thanks.
Your signature is automatically appended to the bottom of every post you make.

User Info: peki_zg

peki_zg
4 weeks ago#5
Although, everything that above posters said is mostly true, I still found it very charming and relaxing to play.

I liked it much more than the one on PSP.

User Info: Reverted_Pikkon

Reverted_Pikkon
4 weeks ago#6
It's very charming. The world, characters and story are pleasant. The game is easy, but it's a good time.
Spring-a-ling!

User Info: TinyTim123

TinyTim123
4 weeks ago#7
It has a nice story with likable characters. It IS easy, unless one sets the difficulty to King, and encounters to low, but despite the lack of difficulty (until the end, but even then there are still techniques that make battles very easy then), I enjoyed the game.
It's not perfect, as it has the "do similar things multiple times to advance the story) kind of repetition, but farming is all but optional, and there are small sidequests for variety.

I enjoyed it quite a lot, and think it's most definitely worth the low entry price, specifically because it's not popular.

If you think you can enjoy a "nice" story with likable characters (even though there is a more important "SAVE THE WORLD" story in the background"), and can overlook the flaws, I think it's more than worth the price of entry. I've bought the game for a few different friends, and they have all enjoyed it once they learned the mechanics of the game.
It's fun. It's pleasant. You can do as little or as much farming as you want. The art is nice too.

I'd recommend it, but obviously it's up to you.

A few things that may or may not matter to you: difficulty is adjustable on the fly as well as encounter rates (easy to King difficulties, low to high encounter rates), and has two different Japanese audio tracks as well as being dubbed in English.

For the $14 it costs on Amazon currently, I'd absolutely recommend it. I paid full price for it twice (once for me, and once for one friend) before getting it on the cheap for another friend. That's how much I believe in the game for a certain type of people.

I realize it's ten hours later, but I feel that if you like that kind of story, you might be doing a disservice to yourself if you skip it.
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
En un mundo perfecto, eso definitivamente importaria.

User Info: I_Abibde

I_Abibde
4 weeks ago#8
Seems like the same sort of sleeper as the PSP Popolocrois.
-- I Abibde / Samuraiter
Laughing at Game FAQs since 2002.

User Info: McMarbles

McMarbles
4 weeks ago#9
SuperSuikoden posted...
Anyone played, it looks like it's not popular?

It was pretty charming. Not much challenge, but I never really cared about challenge.
Currently playing: Layton's Mystery Journey
Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram, buy gold, BUY!

User Info: rswsc0407

rswsc0407
4 weeks ago#10
I keep forgetting that I still need to buy this game lol. I LOVED the psp one even if it is missing stuff compared to the original psx games.

I wonder if anyone has translated the ps2 games?

This also has all the main characters from the psp game, right?
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004 & 2007= My ID. PSN ID- rswsc0407
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. How's Return to PopoloCrois: A STORY OF SEASONS Fairytale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived