Is Nintendo able to put Nintendogs + Cats back on the eShop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Nintendo able to put Nintendogs + Cats back on the eShop?

User Info: _Dog

_Dog
4 weeks ago#1
I tried to get the game earlier this week, yet I couldn't find it on the eShop at all. Apparently the games were delisted last year when they became Nintendo Selects, but since they've been sold out the game is hard to get. Physical copies online sell for much higher than the MSRP of $20, some of them as high as $60!

What gives? I hope Nintendo can put the game back on the eShop, since it's such a shame how hard it is to get the game without paying a high price. Is there anything that can be done about it?
Corrin was a mistake.
Not changing sig until Ash wins a Pokemon league, becomes a Pokemon Master and/or ends his journey. Started 12/14/2016

User Info: Katherine1973

Katherine1973
4 weeks ago#2
I'm not sure what shopping sites you saw the games for $60 on, but on Gamestop.com the games are listed for $19.99 for the bulldog version and $24.99 each for the other 2.
Growing old is mandatory. Growing UP is optional!!
FC: 2363-5887-9166

User Info: _Dog

_Dog
4 weeks ago#3
The Shopping section on Google gives me this result:

https://goo.gl/FJhxBH

Anyways, thanks for showing me the cheaper prices, though I'm gonna see if I can somehow get the game for cheaper (I'd like the Golden Retriever version). Still though, I found it silly for Nintendo to remove the games from the eShop and I hope they can put it back soon.
Corrin was a mistake.
Not changing sig until Ash wins a Pokemon league, becomes a Pokemon Master and/or ends his journey. Started 12/14/2016

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#4
Yeah it’s dumb.

Literally crippling the sales of the game for no reason.
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
4 weeks ago#5
Nintendo is incompetent at times. I recall seeing it at LameStop not too long ago. I wouldn't pay any more than $10 for it.
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 weeks ago#6
does this apply to other selects? Is OoT not on the eShop anymore, either?

They can't/couldn't like just have the digital copy be the same price? It's not like they never had it on sale before.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: ParagonCrossing

ParagonCrossing
4 weeks ago#7
they took it off the eshop because before it became a "nintendo selects" title it was on the eshop for $15
but now that it's a selects title, the price has to be set at $20

it'd look really bad if they raised the eshop price to match the new MSRP, so instead they removed the game digitally altogether to avoid any potential backlash

unfortunately they must have not made many copies because the golden retriever version is really expensive atm

if you don't mind your best bet is too buy a used copy for $25 at gamestop. that or either wait and keep your eye out for a copy to go on sale somewhere.
Smash, Pokemon, Animal Crossing

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 weeks ago#8
interesting...it was actually cheaper...they should've kept it at $15 digitally...it could've lured people into their digital ecosystem, as an incentive to buy digital over retail
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#9
ParagonCrossing posted...
they took it off the eshop because before it became a "nintendo selects" title it was on the eshop for $15
but now that it's a selects title, the price has to be set at $20

it'd look really bad if they raised the eshop price to match the new MSRP, so instead they removed the game digitally altogether to avoid any potential backlash

unfortunately they must have not made many copies because the golden retriever version is really expensive atm

if you don't mind your best bet is too buy a used copy for $25 at gamestop. that or either wait and keep your eye out for a copy to go on sale somewhere.

They could’ve just...left it at 15$ on eshop?
I'm Mary Poppins y'all.
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: Inhuman-Art

Inhuman-Art
4 weeks ago#10
That frozen game was 15 for awhile and still on selects. It sells quite a bit however. Perhaps it just didn't sell?
Conceptual Artist and Avid Gamer
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Nintendo able to put Nintendogs + Cats back on the eShop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived