Pokemon Ultra Sun is the best 3DS game of 2017.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun is the best 3DS game of 2017.

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
1 month ago#21
Yeah, TC got seduced by the nostalgia pandering.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: Shnow

Shnow
1 month ago#22
2017 must have been trash then...

User Info: MeowMixMax

MeowMixMax
1 month ago#23
2017 was pretty damn s*** for 3DS, only had XX and EOV.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MeowMixMax
IGN: Makoto / HR:999 MH4U

User Info: MayorofParadise

MayorofParadise
4 weeks ago#24
Blayshy posted...
DanF2000 posted...
For everyone who thinks it's just a cash grab, you haven't done the post game yet! I'm doing the Rainbow Rocket arc and it is just amazing!! Just the pure nostalgia, the intense battles (all their pokemon's levels are in their mid to high 60s), especially against the Team Leaders and seeing how they got into the world, including the battles against Legendaries!

Quite a few of the battles have been quite difficult for me, with my Decidueye against Lysandre's Yveltal, final Pokemon in the team, was knocked back to 2 HP remaining via Oblivion Wing. Went to revive my Thunder Punch Metagross, Yveltal used the same move again but Decidueye lived on 1 through affection! It went for it again, lived on 1 HP with affection again and used Bloom Doom to knock it back to red. Used sucker punch, and dodged another Oblivion Wing through affection. Final sucker punch, Yveltal goes down!!

Also, absolutely love all the references in the game, including some memory puzzles with Red/Blue/Yellow/Green and some grunts saying Red/Blue/Yellow in reference to the originals, and each Team Leader refering back to the trainer who beat them in their respective games (e.g. Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Callum/Serena)

Stiil not an excuse to re-do 60% of the original version.

That's literally how every third-version Pokemon game has worked since Crystal. Not sure why people are suddenly complaining about it now like it's the end of the world. Is it because so many people wanted so badly for that laughably fake Pokemon Stars thing to be real?
3DS FC: 3196-3159-6962

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
4 weeks ago#25
MayorofParadise posted...
Blayshy posted...
DanF2000 posted...
For everyone who thinks it's just a cash grab, you haven't done the post game yet! I'm doing the Rainbow Rocket arc and it is just amazing!! Just the pure nostalgia, the intense battles (all their pokemon's levels are in their mid to high 60s), especially against the Team Leaders and seeing how they got into the world, including the battles against Legendaries!

Quite a few of the battles have been quite difficult for me, with my Decidueye against Lysandre's Yveltal, final Pokemon in the team, was knocked back to 2 HP remaining via Oblivion Wing. Went to revive my Thunder Punch Metagross, Yveltal used the same move again but Decidueye lived on 1 through affection! It went for it again, lived on 1 HP with affection again and used Bloom Doom to knock it back to red. Used sucker punch, and dodged another Oblivion Wing through affection. Final sucker punch, Yveltal goes down!!

Also, absolutely love all the references in the game, including some memory puzzles with Red/Blue/Yellow/Green and some grunts saying Red/Blue/Yellow in reference to the originals, and each Team Leader refering back to the trainer who beat them in their respective games (e.g. Brendan/May, Lucas/Dawn, Callum/Serena)

That's literally how every third-version Pokemon game has worked since Crystal. Not sure why people are suddenly complaining about it now like it's the end of the world. Is it because so many people wanted so badly for that laughably fake Pokemon Stars thing to be real?

User Info: Skull_pro

Skull_pro
4 weeks ago#26
Blayshy posted...
DanF2000 posted...

In fact, the real cashbrab of the series are Yellow and Crystal.
My FC: 5301 2862 3777
Send me Donkey Kong Country Challenges! More info at: https://www.facebook.com/Challenge-NeoArashi-1882592348727869/

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
4 weeks ago#27
Blayshy posted...
DanF2000 posted...

No,it's because third versions usually fix what the original had issues with.This did no such thing since you still get nothing but f***ing handholding and cutscene nonsense.Not to mention the new things dont even happen until Poni Island.
3DS FC:3394-3658-2611
Pokemon White 2 National Dex Completed:9/26/2013

User Info: FefnirOmega13

FefnirOmega13
4 weeks ago#28
llysender posted...
Etrian Odyssey V exists so no.

But that wasn't great, even as an EO game. In fact if anything it was a huge disappointment to me and it's the second worst 3DS EO game behind Untold 1.
"The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.
There's no distinction between science and magic." ~ Patchouli Knowledge

User Info: Synbios459

Synbios459
4 weeks ago#29
FefnirOmega13 posted...
llysender posted...
Etrian Odyssey V exists so no.

But that wasn't great, even as an EO game. In fact if anything it was a huge disappointment to me and it's the second worst 3DS EO game behind Untold 1.

User Info: SymphonicGlory

SymphonicGlory
4 weeks ago#30
USUM was only slightly better than S/M, which means it's still garbage and that gen 7 is the worst gen in Pokemon.

Monster Hunter Stories and Etrian Odyssey V are both leagues better than USUM. Stories is the best monster catching/Pokemon style game on the 3DS, and EOV is arguably the best EO game on the 3DS and one of the best games period on the 3DS as well as my personal goty.
FC: 5112-4220-0277
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Pokemon Ultra Sun is the best 3DS game of 2017.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived