Super Mario Maker worth it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Mario Maker worth it?

User Info: IrateGameFAQer

IrateGameFAQer
1 month ago#31
he can enjoy whatever he wants but proclaiming it was "MEANT" for single player use is utter nonsense and bulls*** and a cop out.

He's only saying it's meant for single player use because he's only playing it AS a single player.

but SMM was ALWAYS meant as a community experience.

It'd be like me saying Pokemon was MEANT to be a single player game. And we all know damn well that's false.
"at least be grateful Nintendo isn't charging you right now." -Unknown
Lesson to be learned: Be grateful for mediocrity.

User Info: Smothermunchie

Smothermunchie
1 month ago#32
Cory898 posted...
If you just want to play as you said a wide variety of random levels and don't care that you can't search for specific ones then it's fine. I'm satisfied enough with the product since I have no plans to own a Wii U, but I do wish I had the option to search for specific levels I've seen on YouTube. And while I'm not all that creative in level design I did produce one gem I wish I could share with the world,

Are you able to upload your designed course over on https://smmdb.ddns.net/ ?

If so, I'll definitely check it out. :)

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
1 month ago#33
IrateGameFAQer posted...
he can enjoy whatever he wants but proclaiming it was "MEANT" for single player use is utter nonsense and bulls*** and a cop out.

He's only saying it's meant for single player use because he's only playing it AS a single player.

but SMM was ALWAYS meant as a community experience.

Except SMM 3DS is a different game than SMM Wii U with different aspects being focused on as evidenced by the 100 Nintendo made levels with 2 challenges each.
Notyou

Smothermunchie
1 month ago#34
Quick questions.

If you're playing a 100 man challenge, can you download any levels you played during this?

What happens when your lives run out or have completed the quest, besides game over?

Is there not a way to revisit those courses?

I've only bought the game about two weeks ago so I'm still trying to learn some of it's basic features.

Smothermunchie
1 month ago#35
Smothermunchie posted...
I'm still trying to learn some of it's basic features.

"its" not "it's" as in "it is basic features".

Dear Lord.

Stupid public schooling on my English. :/

User Info: SeamusOHassey

SeamusOHassey
4 weeks ago#36
pikachupwnage posted...
SeamusOHassey posted...
The 3DS version is a gimped version of the game compared to the Wii U version.

But the better version(which is a little gimped itself with Miiverse dead) requires owning a lol WiI U.

That's why a Switch version is needed. I'm just saying Nintendo shouldn't have given the 3DS users a s***tier version of the game.

IrateGameFAQer posted...
i'm no one's alt. I've s***ted on Seamus numerous times for his idiotic comments, but it's cute you resort to thinking someone's an alt because they don't agree with you...and because you have no argument you choose something irrelevant like saying no one will play your levels...lmao.

Let's get one thing straight, bub, you haven't s***ted on me at all.

That being said, what the f*** makes me his alt, just because I won't make an excuse for Nintendo's incompetence?
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
My future wife -https://fat.gfycat.com/QuickThickJunco.gif

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#37
Well, TC was naive enough to buy this bad port.

Even on the gameplay side, it's s***. It's the first Mario I saw with serious slowdowns.
Uh... A-Are you sure to interact with others?
-Mario, Ganondorf, Sonic, Bowser Jr. / Wendy, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mewtwo Mainer.

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
4 weeks ago#38
Blayshy posted...
Well, TC was naive enough to buy this bad port.

Even on the gameplay side, it's s***. It's the first Mario I saw with serious slowdowns.

Im having a blast. The only thing I miss from the Wii U version is the costumes. Other than that...it's a master piece tbh.

If you're playing a 100 man challenge, can you download any levels you played during this?

I couldnt download stages from the 100, but was able to download stages from the course selection.
cuckle doodle dooo!!!

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
4 weeks ago#39
Yeah I don't get it. It's the same people s***ting all over the game every thread and it's inconceivable to them that people enjoy Mario Maker 3DS. I have about 50 3DS games and can safely say I've invested the most time in Mario Maker 3DS besides maybe MH4U.
Notyou

User Info: Inhuman-Art

Inhuman-Art
4 weeks ago#40
If you're like me and never played it, yes, totally.

If you played the Wiiu version apparently not. But I like it, more Mario. 3ds is a legacy system and has a lot of games that remind me of the GameCube and n64 era on it, so Mario maker is fun. Chicken wiggle is also entertaining.
Conceptual Artist and Avid Gamer
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Super Mario Maker worth it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived