Question/s for those with all 3DS revisions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question/s for those with all 3DS revisions

User Info: Shadow_Kunoichi

Shadow_Kunoichi
4 weeks ago#1
Was wondering about the New 2DS XL, what is its weight compared to the Standard New 3DS and New 3DS XL?

First off, the DS Lite is the most comfortable handheld I've ever played. (also my favorite handheld)

I've played the OG 3DS and OG 3DS XL, as well as the Standard New 3DS (the one I'm currently using) the OG 2DS and the New 3DS XL.

Loved the 2DS, but disliked being unable to close it shut. The OG 3DS I liked except for the Start/Select/Home trio and the glossy finish was urgh.

The New 3DS XL model hurts my hands everytime I play it. (not because of the screens or size) The weight makes it hard to play it.

So, how much does the New 2DS XL weigh? Is it like the XL or the Standard? And is it gloss or matte?

And before any smarty-pants tells me to get a Switch, I already got one thank you very much. Currently at the final boss in Super Mario Odyssey. (one of my new favorite Mario games easily)

Fyi: Reason I own the New 3DS XL revision is cause it's the Hyrule Gold XL. (my brother bought it for me as a gift) And I do love it, but can't play it for long periods of time.

PS: Don't really care about 3D, it makes me dizzy and I get headaches when I use it.
NNID: StarlightMirror
I'm a girl.

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 weeks ago#2
Don't know the exact weight, but it's definitely lighter than an XL/ N3DSXL. Feels as heavy as a standard 3DS. N2DS XL is slimmer too, compared to the other XL models. Outside of the color schemes, it looks the sleekest to me.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

Shadow_Kunoichi
4 weeks ago#3
That's good news, I was eyeing the Pokeball edition and was wanting to know before I bought one. Hopefully the store won't be sold out of Pokeballs when I go back! XD

But, the Teal Green one I definitely like. (favorite color) So if I couldn't get the Pokeball I'd be fine with that.

Thanks for the info! :)
I'm a girl.

User Info: JcOpIVY86

JcOpIVY86
4 weeks ago#4
I’ve been doing research on it(might get the Pokeball 2DS XL), it’s the same weight as the smaller New 3DS, which sounds insane.
I’m just worried that the games won’t look as sharp as it does on the smaller 3DS.
I’ve got the regular 3DS XL and games don’t look quite as sharp.

I think it’s garbage you can’t easily get a smaller new 3DS nowadays.
Sometimes it's what you don't do that makes you who you are.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y115/jckorn86/smallerbanner.jpg

Shadow_Kunoichi
4 weeks ago#5
^ Ikr? It took me forever to get my Standard New 3DS. (mine is the animal crossing edition)

I'm glad to hear it's the same weight as the small size, cause then I could enjoy an XL screen without an XL weight.

It is really dumb of them to only sell the XL in the NA region. :/
I'm a girl.

User Info: A_Good_Opinion

A_Good_Opinion
4 weeks ago#6
The original 2DS is the most comfortable for me with long play sessions.

I do like my N2DSXL though, due to the luxury of a bigger screen and the weight is the same as a normal 2DS.

However, I would rank it as 2DS > N3DS > N2DSXL because the smaller non-XL screens have a higher pixel density, resulting in sharper images.

User Info: xjayguyx

xjayguyx
4 weeks ago#7
New 3dsxl is best for me. The 2dsxl only have TN screens and I can tell the difference.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#8
I don't get it. They all feel exactly the same to me.

xjayguyx posted...
TN screens

dead meme
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251

User Info: CanibusRtJ

CanibusRtJ
4 weeks ago#9
There's noticeable weight differences between the models, that much is true.
I was created by intelligent design
You are merely a descendant of the unmodified
-'Bis

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
4 weeks ago#10
CanibusRtJ posted...
There's noticeable weight differences between the models, that much is true.

I would only notice it if I immediately switched from a regular model to an XL.
I'm sick of off topic threads and abusive mods.
u/Gargomon251
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Question/s for those with all 3DS revisions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived