Is Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns worth picking up?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns worth picking up?

User Info: rpeopler

rpeopler
1 month ago#1
Being an avid fan of Stardew Valley (my personal 2016 GOTY), I've recently invested a decent amount of time into the Harvest Moon series. I've only played Harvest Moon SNES, Friends of Mineral Town and Rune Factory 4, so I haven't played too many entries. How is Trio of Towns? Is it worth a purchase?

User Info: Llama_mama

Llama_mama
1 month ago#2
It's pretty good, it's better than the previous Story of Seasons and the new Harvest Moon games. It doesn't have any fighting though.
3ds FC: 0662-5115-3453

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
1 month ago#3
It's one of the better Bokujo. I'd say better than the majority, if not all, with the exception of Animal Parade which is, objective FPS issues and subjective day-night cycle aside, easily the pinnacle of the series.

Personally I liked it well enough but hated how the game embraced the fact it was on handheld a little too much with how it oversimplified mining, the 3D models with piss-poor animation variety expressing themselves more through static pictures and emotes, and how tiny the world was despite having three towns.

Keep in mind Rune Factory is a separate series. Even though the first game was branded as "A Fantasy Harvest Moon". And the bokujo games do not have its emphasis on RPG elements.
"Deadpool is just as formulaic as the Avengers films it so relentlessly strives not to be."

User Info: Osterreich

Osterreich
1 month ago#4
It is the best "bokujou monogatari"(the series known as harvest moon in the past) imo. However, if you like the fightning aspect of rf4 more, then this might no be the right game for you. The simulation/social/farming aspects of this game are really good though!

User Info: MeowMixMax

MeowMixMax
4 weeks ago#5
Its okay, its very very slow with lots of tutorials and unskipable cutscenes that still come up in the 3rd year and later.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/MeowMixMax
IGN: Makoto / HR:999 MH4U
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Is Story of Seasons: Trio of Towns worth picking up?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived