Gold Stars NOT based on percentage of moves passed?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dance Central
  3. Gold Stars NOT based on percentage of moves passed?

User Info: TargetBoy

TargetBoy
6 years ago#1
So I've been working on getting gold stars in this game and have been running into problems. I've gotten 100% on some songs (not many, but a few), gotten five blue stars, but no gold stars. Other songs I've gotten 96% and gotten five gold stars. Also, sometimes I've gotten gold stars even after failing a move altogether. Hmm...

So I looked up how gold stars are gotten in Rock Band (the same company makes both Rock Band and Dance Central) and in that game it's based on total score; something like getting a little more than 1.5 times the 5 star score.

Does this sound right to anyone else for Dance Central?
I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets,
because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.

User Info: blessedgoddess

blessedgoddess
6 years ago#2
Yes don't forget moves correct in a row and the number of flawless moves matters a lot. You have to get highscores for gold. Sure you could find a list.
http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?ean=9780557677597
Help a starving artist take a look at my E-book

User Info: Ard0r

Ard0r
6 years ago#3
I'm working on gold starring as well. But from what I remember, every time I've gotten 100%, I've also gotten gold stars.

Yes, it does seem to be based on score, not on the percentage. But the percentage is usually a good guide.

80% for 5 stars. 96% for gold stars. Usually, this is accurate.

I guess it is possible to get 100% nice, and not a single flawless and fail to get enough points.

User Info: TargetBoy

TargetBoy
6 years ago#4
I think you're right, it's based on score and not percentage (although they are related).

Ard0r, i think I'd like to be described that way; "100% nice, but not flawless." :)
I wish outer space guys would conquer the Earth and make people their pets,
because I'd like to have one of those little beds with my name on it.

User Info: CelebiiFreakNic

CelebiiFreakNic
6 years ago#5

I actually just got my first Gold Stars today, Maneater on Medium but whatever. I was actually kinda surprised...I didn't get a 100% because I got a Yellow on the finisher, but I got the Gold a few moves before the finish , I got a lot of nices with some flawlesses.

User Info: Ard0r

Ard0r
6 years ago#6
It feels great when you start to get gold stars for hard difficulty on the harder songs. It requires a fair amount of practice to gold star the harder songs. For some songs, I have to do a TON of practice.

I don't know why, but I found it pretty easy to gold star Maneater on hard.

User Info: PineappleDonkey

PineappleDonkey
6 years ago#7
In rock band gold stars are based on points so I'd assume the same for this. A flawless gives more points than a nice, but both count for "passing" the move so that's why it doesn't matter about passing percentage
http://www.youtube.com/user/theTruJello
Please check out, subscribe, comment, rate. Thanks.
  1. Boards
  2. Dance Central
  3. Gold Stars NOT based on percentage of moves passed?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived