The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

Luck and Boss Chests (Final Answer)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Luck and Boss Chests (Final Answer)

User Info: xX_PsYcH0SIS_Xx

xX_PsYcH0SIS_Xx
6 years ago#11
Is there any luck boots for the males?

User Info: maathimself

maathimself
6 years ago#12
Crap, I was really hoping it was the person who opened the chest, it would make things much simpler. I am glad that it's finally cleared up, though.
PSN: maathimself
Gamertag: OrdinaryConch

User Info: Drayfe

Drayfe
6 years ago#13
Is there any luck boots for the males?

The only boots that seem to increase luck for males is Retro Boots, and those only apply to Jonathan, Richter, Julius, and Simon.
XBL GT: Drayfe

User Info: TheSerpentMage

TheSerpentMage
6 years ago#14
Vindication. All the long playing players have said that the luck of the person that opens the chest has no noticable bearing on the drops that come out, and it turns out we were totally correct. So basically the only way to use this information effectively is for everyone on the team to be running high luck gear during the boss fight.

This does show how misleading empirical evidence is. So many people opening chests in high luck gear either solo or as a team were toally off base and any positive results were purely as a result of the RNG.

User Info: ninininja1

ninininja1
6 years ago#15
This is a rather big WTF.
Words words words words

User Info: firedraco2

firedraco2
6 years ago#16
^I don't know about you guys, but I always wore my str gear through the stage and changed into luck before I fought the boss...Too lazy to go back and change it after I killed him.

TheSerpentMage
6 years ago#17
Taking this into consideration, the best way to get good drops is to solo the game yourself wearing max luck gear. The boss health will be at it's minimum while he deals his minimum damage levels. You are guaranteed to get the last hit in.

TheSerpentMage
6 years ago#18
Also this does leave us wondering what if anything affects all the other chests on a chapter.

User Info: jhoke13

jhoke13
6 years ago#19
Very interesting news. Now I would like to know if wearing Soul Eater rings increases the chance of a boss dropping its soul. And if so, do you have to trigger the chest drop for it to take effect or not.

EDIT: On that note I decided to send Konami a ticket myself asking about the effects of the Soul Eater Ring.
GT: Element H
I'm like Stephen Hawking meets Jesus Christ meets Gandalf. My work is like a black hole of perfect Jesus wizard sauce.

TheSerpentMage
6 years ago#20
I would imagine that taking this new information in mind, soul eater rings would only come into effect if you landed the killing blow on the boss.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Luck and Boss Chests (Final Answer)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived