Subweapon Leveling and You

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You

User Info: ArslanX

ArslanX
6 years ago#1
So, after being bored and with no firm answer in hand, I decided to figure out just how subweapons level and what effect Master Rings have on leveling. Armed with a handy hex editor and some spare time, I decided to mess around and figure out exactly what the values are.

First thing I did was make see if all characters level the same. Taking a fresh save, this was easy to check just by hitting once with a subweapon then looking at the value. Result? All characters level subweapons at the same speed per hit.

Next up, I had to see if some subweapons level at different speed than other. Again with fresh save data except for having all subs unlocked at 0 XP, I hit every enemy once with each of Jonathan's subweapons. End result, each weapon levels at the same speed per hit.

From here it was a simple task to find out how much "XP" each hit gives with 0/1/2 Master Rings equipped. The end results are below:

Normal Mode XP Per Hit, 0/1/2 Master Rings: 1/3/4
Hard Mode XP Per Hit, 0/1/2 Master Rings: 4/8/12

XP per subweapon level
1 0
2 16
3 64
4 256
5 1024
6 4096
7 16384
8 32768
9 99999

Hope this helps everyone wondering about the whole subject! Also explains why it took me so darned long to level Grando... 12,500 hits with Astral Ring/Master Ring.
(edited 6 years ago)

User Info: Guillermo55

Guillermo55
6 years ago#2
Wow! This is pretty neat. Thanks!
If you don't wear pants you have to live with the chance that someone would stick their hand up your butt.-DrJawless
Gamertag: GUILLERBRO
(message deleted)

User Info: FoxFanatic1995

FoxFanatic1995
6 years ago#4
*saves data to a notepad file*

Holy crow you're amazing.

I wonder if it would be best to run two master rings and full MP regen gear and use subweapons on Beelzebub and Legion. On Hard mode there's a 3x experience rate with two Master rings?

Weird how it scales from 3x to 4x on Normal mode, though.
Gamertag :SG1Niner
Valmanways are fine, just don't be an idiot with them.

User Info: MacDeeMac

MacDeeMac
6 years ago#5
This needs to be stickied!

User Info: ArslanX

ArslanX
6 years ago#6
Yeah, I thought it was really weird that it goes 1/3/4 as well. At first, I thought it was a mistake and that I must be misreading the wrong weapon or I hit multiple times or something. After two more save data manipulations though, I came up with 3 points for 1 Master Ring on Normal still. No idea why they decided that, but that's the way it is.
(edited 6 years ago)

User Info: gekkomitch

gekkomitch
6 years ago#7
Normal Mode XP Per Hit, 0/1/2 Master Rings: 1/3/4
Hard Mode XP Per Hit, 0/1/2 Master Rings: 4/8/12

XP per subweapon level
9 99999

Son of a. . .
I guess it's easier for me because I'm always thinking of 12 year olds when I play halo. - th33m00s3
Why don't you have a seat over there. - jaredt13

User Info: FoxFanatic1995

FoxFanatic1995
6 years ago#8
Sticky requested. Because it's awesome.
Gamertag :SG1Niner
Valmanways are fine, just don't be an idiot with them.

User Info: FouCapitan

FouCapitan
6 years ago#9
8 32768
9 99999

Yeah, that feels about right... Ugh.
Killing means never having to say you're sorry.

User Info: DanSidney

DanSidney
6 years ago#10
Are the values the necessary XP to reach the next level or the total necessary XP? o.O

....but in either case.

HAWLY FAWK. 8 to 9.

Also, I heard here on board before, that on normal, you get no more XP after level 5. Is that still true?
GT: Dan and Nite
(edited 6 years ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.