Subweapon Leveling and You

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You

User Info: Nytegard

Nytegard
5 years ago#71
It's ashame that there isn't any armor which acts like a Mastery Ring. I mean, if the Ebisu acts like a Thief Ring, and the Fuma gear has a chaos ring property, Retro Gear should have a Mastery Ring property. And for being unfair to Maria/Yoko/Shanoa? They only have to level up like 4 spells at most to max their effectiveness, vs the whip users who have 10+ weapons to be concerned about.

User Info: MetalHeadache

MetalHeadache
5 years ago#72
Thanks for the info. If anyone is up for survival grinding feel free to add me. I'm online quite a bit and am pretty much always willing to drop what I'm doing for anything Castlevania related... especially when it makes life easier.
Gamertag: Beef Injector

User Info: Dry_Bones4

Dry_Bones4
5 years ago#73
If this question has already been answered, I'm sorry for being blind.

Are the state increases for each level gained the same regardless of the current level going up?
I mean, if I go from 8 to 9 with the cross, will it be more or the exact same stat increase as going from 1 to 2 with the ricochet rock?
Doomed to have this username forever despite no longer caring for Mario & Co.
Ask for my PSN is you wish.

User Info: Delmaru

Delmaru
5 years ago#74
No, it's not always the same. Sometimes it's 1 Atk, sometimes 2 Atk, and sometimes even 0 Atk at all, especially with Jonathon. I don't know if it depends on the subweapon or the overall level, but maxed out, they're the same in the end.

User Info: Braindead_Pan

Braindead_Pan
3 years ago#75
For Level 8-9 (and arguably 7-8) Thenarus found it's actually faster for both players to load on two Master Rings and a Mana Prism and just take turns unloading on Gergoth. The boost in Mastery per hit at that point is more valuable than the number of times hit as Gergoth is going to die before the end of the five minutes anyway, so you're better off getting the most increase possible in that window.

It's also stupid fast to level holy water and firebomb on Menace with two Master Rings (and the whole range of mana potions), so not worth doing Survival Grind for those items.
Sign the Petition for new Castlevania Harmony of Despair Content!
http://tinyurl.com/dlc-4-cvhd

User Info: BombermanX

BombermanX
3 years ago#76
*tag*
When I'm concentrating, I never have more than one drink before dinner, but I do like that one to be large and very strong and very cold and very well-made.
This is a good reference but I am afraid this is not the whole facts. I tend to believe my sixth sense that perhaps there are more elements affecting the speed of level up, and maybe not all characters (and their weapons) are measuring the same way. Again this is a good idea to try to solve some mystery but in the same time this is also an unbelievable discovery. For example I would have the same suspect of Hits mentioned in page 6.
Best wishes.
  1. Boards
  2. Castlevania: Harmony of Despair
  3. Subweapon Leveling and You

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.