Crashing in Windows 7 Quadcore?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  3. Crashing in Windows 7 Quadcore?

User Info: plague2005

plague2005
7 years ago#1

Is the game crashing in Windows 7 64bit Quadcore for anyone?

The game keeps crashing when I go to car selection or when the road starts loading. I have changed the graphical settings to lower spec just to see if it works and it doesn't. It keeps giving me the "Windows encountered an error" message after crash.

I have tried everything. I saw in some websites that the crashes were happening due to a problem with Quadcore and they told to change the process affinity from 4 to primary 2. I tried that. Some said to change the compatibility to Windows XP SP3. I did that. I updated both my Nvidia driver and DirectX 11 to the latest.

Any advice?

User Info: LanceVance87

LanceVance87
7 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

LanceVance87
7 years ago#3
the game is known for crashing on Quadcores. also, in b4 "i have a Quadcore and it runs flawlessly".

plague2005
7 years ago#4
lucky you. I guess my machine is one of the unlucky ones.

User Info: Jieman1

Jieman1
7 years ago#5
I have a Quadcore and it runs flawlessly.

No, seriously, it does. i7 + Windows 7 x64 user.

I have only played a handful of races but i can confirm that i have not had any ctd's, freezes or whatsoever when playing the game.

My advice: follow this link and you might stumble on the one million dollar answer: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3831248.page

I cannot guarantee anything, but it's well worth the try. Good luck mate.

LanceVance87
7 years ago#6
"lucky you. I guess my machine is one of the unlucky ones."

excuse me sir? i have a E8400. and still waiting to play it...

User Info: DrKill09

DrKill09
7 years ago#7

I have Windows 7 Professional 64 bit, an AMD 940 quad core (which is overclocked to 3.5ghz), and haven't had any problems.

User Info: NEMESIS 00039

NEMESIS 00039
7 years ago#8
runs fine here
Antec 900 | Antec Earthwatts 650w | Phenom II X4 965 BE | 4 gigs Corsair XMS | Asus M4A87TD EVO | Asus Xonar DX | MSI GTX 460 Hawk| 640g WD Caviar Black

User Info: sumeet10

sumeet10
7 years ago#9

Fine on my i7.

If the problem is widespead they'll release a patch for it soon :D

plague2005
7 years ago#10
Jieman1 posted...
I have a Quadcore and it runs flawlessly.

No, seriously, it does. i7 + Windows 7 x64 user.

I have only played a handful of races but i can confirm that i have not had any ctd's, freezes or whatsoever when playing the game.

My advice: follow this link and you might stumble on the one million dollar answer: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3831248.page

I cannot guarantee anything, but it's well worth the try. Good luck mate.

sumeet10 posted...

Fine on my i7.

If the problem is widespead they'll release a patch for it soon :D

The problem has been mentioned for Quadcore. Specifically Core 2 quad q6600 2.4Ghz. i7 don't seem to have any problems with this.

@Jieman1: The link you have shared has a person called "JINKSM" who has almost the same machine as me (different graphic card versions and my OS is x64) and has the exact same problem. I guess I have to wait for a patch. So annoying to have a game pre-ordered and not able to play. Should wait from buying early next time around.
  1. Boards
  2. Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
  3. Crashing in Windows 7 Quadcore?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived