The telltale signs of a horrible game to be

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. GoldenEye 007
  3. The telltale signs of a horrible game to be

User Info: Johnny_Utah_

Johnny_Utah_
4 years ago#21
All these telltale signs aren't telltale signs at all for me, rather common in fact. If i was going to post this thread, it would have been titled "telltale signs that i might have decent connection to host." Reading all the posts makes think that I have one of the worst connections here. :/
Welcome to [4]Quad City -- Population: your whole team!
There are no elite players, just elite connections.

User Info: betaplay

betaplay
4 years ago#22
Johnny_Utah_ posted...
All these telltale signs aren't telltale signs at all for me, rather common in fact. If i was going to post this thread, it would have been titled "telltale signs that i might have decent connection to host." Reading all the posts makes think that I have one of the worst connections here. :/

If that's true you are lucky. Really bad connections can give an advantage just like really good ones do.
iS*later 0570 5537 0386 :::::::: The Gun Show 4726-8777-9712

User Info: 007WerePig

007WerePig
4 years ago#23
When you enter the match, and are immediately engulfed by hundreds of explosions.... hacker fun.
"I'm A Were-Pig, and I approve this message"
NEW GE FORUM GO HERE!!!: http://s13.zetaboards.com/GoldeneyeWii/index/ FC: 4136-2155-7528

Johnny_Utah_
4 years ago#24
betaplay posted...
Johnny_Utah_ posted...

If that's true you are lucky. Really bad connections can give an advantage just like really good ones do.

I'm really not lucky to have the connection i do. I get insta killed 80% of the time plus the delay in reloading, sprinting, and detonating RTMs. Don't confuse "bad connection" with "bad internet." My internet quality is really good. My desktop gets 70 down / 10 up / 6 ping. A bad connection though is a bad connection. It's the worst aspect of this game (online anyway). Lag comp is supposed to make it a level playing field so-to-speak, yet Japanese players whose internet quality is way superior to mine (or anyone in the USA) still have a connection advantage. The game is just broken in that regard. Anyways, sorry for the rant. :/

User Info: GoldenRy

GoldenRy
4 years ago#25
Johnny_Utah = Funke 2.0.

Johnny_Utah_
4 years ago#26
Funke is NTSC?

User Info: betaplay

betaplay
4 years ago#27
Johnny - I hear you. I was equating bad connection with bad Internet - thought that's what you meant. I'm in the same boat actually, and it's really frustrating sometimes. I can stream hd movies all day long but im almost always a few moments behind with my ge connection. I guess I would choose this over having really bad Internet in general but it would sure be a relief to skip around invisibly for a while in ge.
iS*later 0570 5537 0386 :::::::: The Gun Show 4726-8777-9712

User Info: ProudlyHated87

ProudlyHated87
4 years ago#28
Johnny_Utah_ posted...
smooth_27 posted...
Johnny_Utah_ posted...
Topic: The telltale signs of a horrible game to be

Response: The sound of my wii u starting

Off topic: GGs last nite
On topic: When I see that i'm against a team like MK Ermac, Jya, Gray Fox, &.Merkoz

GGs to you sir.

proudlyhated87 posted...
I will quit immediately if I have to press the A button 5 times just to sprint.

If you had my connection, you would have traded in GE in a week.

TampaBondo posted...
When you run in a particular direction only to be teleported back to the original spot...repeatedly...and people start running in place...and then you get "Lost Connection to Host"

Not exactly a sign of a bad game like multiple reload sound or needing to hit button multiple times to sprint. You'd still be able to finish a game with these "symptoms." What you're describing isn't a "symptom" you can play through. Everything can be going fine for several minutes in a match then boom, LC.

My biggest connection disadvantage is when I shoot someone enough to kill them, but my bullets won't register until about 2 seconds afterward. Therefore, you have an extra 2 seconds to get a mutual on me.
ProudlyHated (Clanless) ~ FC: 3539-9062-9773
YT Account: http://www.youtube.com/user/ProudlyHated23277

User Info: Thecross10

Thecross10
4 years ago#29
Johnny_Utah_ posted...

I feel your pain. All these "tell tell" signs are what I experience almost every game. Thats why I just play TDM and own all the noobs!!!
PS3: bringthe10pain
GE WII: Major Pain/ BANGurDEAD/THE30STREAK 106429789364

User Info: tk_v

tk_v
4 years ago#30
GoldenRy posted...
That's the last time I leave a Rude Welcome to you, Rollbar.

{goes to get V}
{Rollbar is already there}
{steps aside, watches him do it}
{Rollbar throws grenade, kills self}
{screen shakes uncontrollably}
{me and V mutual}

EDIT: I assume you'll see this here...

I am unRudeWelcomeable™ :D
<V> * RTMmagnet * BulletSponge * Melee Practitioner * Hat-Throwing Legend * Distraction Expert *
  1. Boards
  2. GoldenEye 007
  3. The telltale signs of a horrible game to be

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived