Why did Nintendo sell Rare?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. Why did Nintendo sell Rare?

User Info: XChaosPrimeX

XChaosPrimeX
6 years ago#1
I'm sure this has been answered several times but you know what? In all these years they have been with Microsoft, I never knew why Nintendo would pull something so stupid as to sell one of their best development companies. I mean honestly, do characters like Joanna Dark, Conker and Banjo seem right on an Xbox console to you? No, these seemed all Nintendo to me. Its like seeing Mario on a Playstation... it wouldn't work. All these years of missing good franchises we could of had on the Gamecube like Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct, I never knew why Nintendo sold Rare! But why did they!? There must of been a really good reason.

User Info: badgraphix1

badgraphix1
6 years ago#2
I though Microsoft bought them out. When a company pays you a certain amount of money sometimes it's just a better financial investment. Though I do agree they messed up.

User Info: strongo9

strongo9
6 years ago#3
I don't care about the devs, I just care about the franchises.
Must have: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword,
Paper Mario, and Kid Icarus: Uprising.

User Info: Godnorgosh

Godnorgosh
6 years ago#4
In some ways, I wish Rare hadn't been bought out. I would've liked to see Banjo on VC.
They should criticize Billiards before attacking RE5. The white ball hits a bunch of colored balls and saves the black ball for last.

User Info: godzilla25

godzilla25
6 years ago#5
Nintendo never actually owned Rare. They just used to have a really close relationship. Microsoft happened to see a prime business opportunity and acted, that is all. I know, it sucks for us DK fans, but there is not much we can do now : /
Gamertag: Gigan2000, PSN: rockzilla25, Wii FC: 7033-1384-8091-5562

User Info: Lord_Malfious

Lord_Malfious
6 years ago#6
because, microsoft and activision wanted them more

nintendo did try to keep them but, Microsoft are rich.
Name: Robert, FC: 5326 8435 4478
Pokemon 493/493, Trainer Stars 4/5

User Info: ffdgh

ffdgh
6 years ago#7
...if only retro could somehow obtain banjo......
Official Ventus Luck Charm of the Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep Board XD
Official Hiyakki of the Pokemon Black Board XD

User Info: Shinobi_Gunz

Shinobi_Gunz
6 years ago#8
nintendo didnt sell rare. microsoft bought rare. just like they pay companies for exclusive stuff including certain games
PSN: ShinobiGunZ
Gamertag: ShinobiGunZ

User Info: OliviaTremor

OliviaTremor
6 years ago#9
Rare wanted to develop multiplatform games and Nintendo just let them go. Microsoft then bought them. The end.
Notyou

User Info: XChaosPrimeX

XChaosPrimeX
6 years ago#10
I'd kill for GE on VC, but it ain't gonna happen
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. Why did Nintendo sell Rare?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived