ATTN: People stuck on level 1-1 Letter O

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. ATTN: People stuck on level 1-1 Letter O

User Info: Vaztor71

Vaztor71
6 years ago#1
Have ANY of you played the original DKC games?

Roll off ledge, jump.

I didn't even give this a second thought when I grabbed it...
[~N~] Prez [~W~]
Brawl is the best game ever

User Info: Godnorgosh

Godnorgosh
6 years ago#2
A lot of people here haven't, and even more haven't played DKC2. >_>
They should criticize Billiards before attacking RE5. The white ball hits a bunch of colored balls and saves the black ball for last.

User Info: Garp_fist

Garp_fist
6 years ago#3
I'm honestly shocked it takes people who played the original DKC games more than a second to register that you can do that.
Phoenix Wright and Professor Layton crossover IT'S A MOTHER****ING DREAM COME TRUE!
People that want Viewtiful Joe 3: 82 Official Taro of the Disgaea 4 board

User Info: blinkfreak

blinkfreak
6 years ago#4

Roll off ledge, jump.

Is rolling a pain in the butt? Do you use sideways or nunchuck? I can't play the game until christmas but i saw a video of level 1-1 and i noticed that the guy didn't get the O and I knew how to get it but I wonder if the new rolling mechanism makes things like that really hard.

I don't understand why it is motion since there is a button press to grab barrels. What was wrong with the original scheme? Oh yeah, nothing.

User Info: PhoenixRush

PhoenixRush
6 years ago#5
Haven't played yet, but glad to hear this is still in. I assume it makes it easier to not over rely on Diddy?
"Damn it! You've got me thinking with my deck!" -Jack Gallo

User Info: smurphyzeke

smurphyzeke
6 years ago#6
I assumed that, walking of the edge and jumping, or like they said in a review, sacrifice a life to get it. Though don't know if you keep the letter if you die.
AIM: smurphyiselite
Mario Kart Wii FC: smurphyzeke 0517-0905-4905

User Info: Meinhard1

Meinhard1
6 years ago#7
I got a 100% on DKC 2 without even knowing I could do that roll/jump move >_>

User Info: lutfyy

lutfyy
6 years ago#8
I tried sacrificing my life but unfortunately you dot keep the letter

User Info: drcossack

drcossack
6 years ago#9

Roll off ledge, jump.

I didn't either. I did, however, have to refer to the instruction manual to learn how to do that. *cries in shame*
Go Phillies!
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 4941-7651-2764. All standard rules apply (read: Species Clause, Sleep Clause, no Soul Dew [in OU] and OHKO moves banned)

User Info: redxorange

redxorange
6 years ago#10
People had trouble on this part? I mean I admit myself that I tried to use the jetpack and failed but then the ole DKC (and more importantly DKC 2) logic kicked in and I used the rolling jump to get it. Now back when I first played DKC I was stumped on how to get those kinds of letters.
You better watch who your calling a child Lois. Cause if I'm a child then your a pedofile and I'll be damned if I'm gonna sit here and be lectured by a pervert.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. ATTN: People stuck on level 1-1 Letter O

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived