Do you people use Squawks?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. Do you people use Squawks?

User Info: Gustave652

Gustave652
7 years ago#1
I have to admit i do.

User Info: Chaaxis

Chaaxis
7 years ago#2
Once in a while.
"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken" - Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

User Info: guedesbrawl

guedesbrawl
7 years ago#3
i had to,and used the faq in some too
ps2 only won the console war in brazil because of piracy
monster hunter tri is very overated

User Info: Gustave652

Gustave652
7 years ago#4
By the way, is updates in the image gallery the only reward?

User Info: Fist_of_Suns

Fist_of_Suns
7 years ago#5
Haven't used him yet, but still have to find a few pieces in zone 6, 7 and 8
Although I have to admit that if I hadn't accidentally stumbled into the hidden alcove in 6-k where the 2 electric beetles chase you, I would prolly still be searching there. Did the lvl god knows how many times and was stuck on 1 piece for ages XD
Full sig in quote, cookie for who knows who said it. cookies given so far 7
http://img836.imageshack.us/img836/868/howiwasthedeviljoe.mp4

User Info: Reptobismol

Reptobismol
7 years ago#6
I used Squawks at least a dozen times, but never without replaying a level at least twice, to try and find things by myself.

Only a couple of pieces I couldn't find myself were those I felt a little stupid for afterward.
yes but since this poke is pure fighting then it be best 2 use 2 fighting moves so it can get 2 stab ~rikuxking

User Info: WolfAlmighty

WolfAlmighty
7 years ago#7
I've used him once so far just to see exactly how he helped out, but there are still a ton of puzzle pieces I have left to find so we'll see.

User Info: thoriphes

thoriphes
7 years ago#8
I haven't used him yet, but how does he work? Does he only find one piece in a level?

User Info: bobfather7

bobfather7
7 years ago#9
I haven't gotten into hardcore puzzle hunting yet, but I don't really like searching huge worlds for that one hidden secret so I probably will.
(\../).. |#[_]#| |[_]|
(o.O) |+[_]::| |+ :| (O.O) (::) (>^_^)>

User Info: Sparx401

Sparx401
7 years ago#10
Squawks will be on the lower left-hand side of the screen and part of the HUD. He'll squawk when you're near a piece, and almost go berserk when you're right next to it (or next to a bonus barrel). Basically, he's acts like a sonar or gauge.

But yeah, I've used Squawks a lot; mostly because I was lazy and just wanted to get the pieces that I missed. However, by world 6 and decided to find all the pieces on my own, and for the most part I could...with the exception of some really annoying pieces that I felt stupid for missing.

I seem to remember back in World 4 (in Crowded Cavern I think) where you had to jump on the rickety bridge, then jump off, and get the puzzle piece that falls from the sky. I would not have thought of that to be honest. :/
My Let's Play / Youtube Channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/sparx401
  1. Boards
  2. Donkey Kong Country Returns
  3. Do you people use Squawks?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived