I kind of wish they didn't have AR cards...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. I kind of wish they didn't have AR cards...

User Info: Number43

Number43
5 years ago#1
Being able to look them up on a website and get all the idols immediately kind of ruins all the other ways to earn idols (idol toss, treasure hunt, idol transformation power, together rewards).

User Info: Kisai

Kisai
5 years ago#2
Then why not try to get them anyway for the sake of accomplishment?
WHO MODS THE MODERATORS?

User Info: mtpfreak

mtpfreak
5 years ago#3
Hell, at least it's not like getting the Diskun trophy on Smash Bros Melee, or Mario & Yoshi, or Samus Unmasked.

Diskun was an absolute pain to unlock, the other two were event only.
Clean Cut high score: 65 cuts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6_Ty50Kais

User Info: weegee753

weegee753
5 years ago#4
I already got the Hades accomplishment for getting the in-game idols without the the use of websites and I personally don't think too many people received all their idols through AR Card sites since there's not too many of them actually have all the cards.
3DS FC: 3823 8790 3083

User Info: Dark_Link92

Dark_Link92
5 years ago#5
I scanned in the cards I got with the game, then I ordered 2 packs of cards from ClubNintendo about a week before I got the game. They took so long to arrive that by the time they did I had all the idols, so I guess their only purpose is for collection, or the gimmicky battle thing. I alos scanned in Palutena Rare, Dark Pit-Flying and Rally Cry, but they aren't counted in the achievement.
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!

User Info: pokedude900

pokedude900
5 years ago#6
So you're not only complaining about an optional feature, but abuse of said feature. These cards are meant to be purchased. You have absolutely no reason to scan them from a website unless you want to.
http://i.imgur.com/rbBq9.jpg
Come to the board in my quote for math discussion and pretty much anything else.

User Info: Dark_Link92

Dark_Link92
5 years ago#7
That reminds me, didn't they say you can buy them in Europe? I've never seen any packs around, and I bet when I do they'll go for some extreme price.
Pokemon Black- FC: 0003 3185 8262
Monster Hunter Tri, ID:71YAXZ -EU Server!
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. I kind of wish they didn't have AR cards...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived