Rate my Laser Staff

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Rate my Laser Staff

User Info: Nahvi_Lag

Nahvi_Lag
4 years ago#1
These days I've been planning to do a Laser Staff and I have chosen these mods:

Value: 301

5.5 Ranged
0 Melee

- Dash Charged Shot +4
- Dash Continous Fire +4
- Freezing +4
- Evasion +3
- Speed -4

My prime idea is do OHKO with DCS while I´m camping. When the situation is difficult and I can´t wait to do a DCS, I shot DCF with the possibility of freezing that gives me a little time to kill the oponent.
Evasion +3 because it´s really helpful.

I´d change anything or it´s all correct?

User Info: MartinAW4

MartinAW4
4 years ago#2
The freezing is very hard to activate with continuous fire and isn`t needed for your dash ch. shot since it OHKOs so you can drop it.
The standing continuous fire (SCF) is also better than the dashing one (DCF) so I`d replace DCF+4 with SCF+4.
Evasion is good for 1vs1 matches however for LvsD and FFA I prefer running defense over it since you won`t be able to dodge three opponents at once. By dropping freezing and evasion you`ll have room for Shot Defense +4.

So here are my reccomended sets:
1vs1: V295, 6R/0M, DCS+4, SCF+4, Shot Defense +2, Evasion +3, Speed -4
LvsD/FFA: V293, 5.5R/0M, DCS+4, SCF+4, Shot Defense +4, Speed -4

User Info: Primum_Mobile

Primum_Mobile
4 years ago#3
Does laser's DCS OHKO at 9.5 or 10 stars (aka 6+4)? Either way that's how many you must get.

I also agree that SCF will be better, and freezing wont help that much. I would also recommend getting SR+2or3 for the SCF, but it's not necessary.
I need a sharp instrument... or blunt, blunt is good, too.
- Chisame Hasegawa, Negima (Del Rey TL)

User Info: Nahvi_Lag

Nahvi_Lag
4 years ago#4
Thanks for your advises, so I´ll change DCF by SCF and I´ll drop some mods for put SD +4.
My main idea is shoot DCS so SCF is punctual and I think I don´t need SR, but anyway thank you ^^

User Info: HeixWei

HeixWei
4 years ago#5
Okay, pro tip. Laser staff with dcs four and 5.5 r only gives it 224.5 damage, so hard to OHKO health or defense mods, go for 6R it does 233.4 so a lot more effective, also with six ranged your dash cont will do 18.6 without dash cont fire. Hope I helped:-)
Proud Leader Of The Competitive Gaming Community, Highlander: For Kid Icarus: Uprising.! Add me, 1676-4481-2733. Chat- xat.com/HighlanderKIU

MartinAW4
4 years ago#6
HeixWei posted...
Okay, pro tip. Laser staff with dcs four and 5.5 r only gives it 224.5 damage, so hard to OHKO health or defense mods, go for 6R it does 233.4 so a lot more effective, also with six ranged your dash cont will do 18.6 without dash cont fire. Hope I helped:-)

233.4 damage OHKOs only players without defense and health mods just like 224.5 damage because you need 242 damage to OHKO a fighter with Health +1 and 247 damage for OD+1.

User Info: PsyAbsolAceN

PsyAbsolAceN
4 years ago#7
MartinAW4 posted...
HeixWei posted...

233.4 damage OHKOs only players without defense and health mods just like 224.5 damage because you need 242 damage to OHKO a fighter with Health +1 and 247 damage for OD+1.

My rose staff's most powerful shot does 356 or so. How much is that good for?
Why don't you try shooting some sparkly magic outta your face? Works every time.
KI:U FC:0946-2960-0413

MartinAW4
4 years ago#8
PsyAbsolAceN posted...
MartinAW4 posted...
HeixWei posted...

My rose staff's most powerful shot does 356 or so. How much is that good for?

It OHKOs up to OD+5 (347) or Health +6 (342).
  1. Boards
  2. Kid Icarus: Uprising
  3. Rate my Laser Staff

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived