Norman... NOOOOORMAAAN!!!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil: Revelations
  3. Norman... NOOOOORMAAAN!!!

User Info: headsign

headsign
1 year ago#1
There's something very annoying about the last boss, Norman. Now I really don't mind a hard boss, but I've tried 50 times now and what happens has been the same almost every single time:
First phase with single Norman: I manage to handle it, often without getting hit once.
Second phase with double Norman: I have no trouble telling one Norman from the other, but I a certain to get killed with repetitive cheap shots due to the fact that more often than before, many shots just don't count. Is it the hitbox? I don't know. all I know is I end up shooting at the purple smoke-Norman 2-3 times without him taking a hit, and then of course I take a hit. Repeat until I ran out of herbs and die.

I don't know if this is due to the fact that the CPU is on edge due to three characters on screen or what ever the matter is, but my verdict is clearly that the final boss fight is broken.

User Info: shadow-of-a-man

shadow-of-a-man
1 year ago#2
I agree, I am doing a Casual run for "Aloof Challenger" and I am absolutely dreading the inevitable bulls*** that fight brings. Is it possible without healing? Thank God you can use the normal Rocket Launcher. Norman was hard enough on Normal difficulty.

User Info: shadow-of-a-man

shadow-of-a-man
1 year ago#3
Make sure to aim at his heart or whatever his front weak spot is, that should register as a hit and interrupt his attack. As for hitting his back weak spot, I have no idea how to consistently hit that. I f***ing hate Norman. He almost makes me miss the chainsaw sisters in RE4, lol.

User Info: DrunkenPilot72

DrunkenPilot72
1 year ago#4
If you are having issues getting shots to register, just switch to a shot gun and don't fire until the barrel is clipping into Norman's heart.
PSN: vyers72
FC: 0860-3464-0095

User Info: Goldsickle

Goldsickle
1 year ago#5
I used a Narrow upgrade on a shotgun so that more pellets can focus on the weak point.
The shotgun also has a charge upgrade so I can get more damage in a single shot.
My thoughts about Bioshock Infinite:
http://tinyurl.com/mn5ll4x (WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS)

headsign
1 year ago#6
Goldsickle posted...
I used a Narrow upgrade on a shotgun so that more pellets can focus on the weak point.
The shotgun also has a charge upgrade so I can get more damage in a single shot.

Good idea. In the meantime, I managed to overcome Norman's second phase, and then he charged me and I insta-died. Man, this boss is annoying.

User Info: JCuster

JCuster
1 year ago#7
Do you do the item box glitch for invincibility? I would stand next to that thing and open it for I-frames as he attacked. Beat him on Normal and Hard this way.
Only if you say the word "Monkey."

headsign
1 year ago#8
JCuster posted...
Do you do the item box glitch for invincibility? I would stand next to that thing and open it for I-frames as he attacked. Beat him on Normal and Hard this way.

What's the item box glitch? No, I don't of course. Otherwise I would probably win ;)
  1. Boards
  2. Resident Evil: Revelations
  3. Norman... NOOOOORMAAAN!!!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived