Is This Game Worth Buying? (No Spoilers Please)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Is This Game Worth Buying? (No Spoilers Please)

User Info: ImmaCloudStrife

ImmaCloudStrife
5 years ago#11
UpDownSMACK posted...
ImmaCloudStrife posted...
Worst KH story to date
Here we go.

I'd really rather not. I'd much rather you just go away... She's asking a question. The last thing she needs is diehards fanboying up the place.

You're never going to stop me like that.
The back entrance is not open for deliveries.

User Info: UpDownSMACK

UpDownSMACK
5 years ago#12
QuantumWolf posted...
Yes, because an 8.2 means it's a bad score, right?

Whatever happened to the days when games that score at least a 7 can be considered playable?

Hm. An 8.2 user score. Hold on a second. Lemme fetch somefing.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/997519-kingdom-hearts-recoded

Re:coded. A 7.9. Nuff said? There are 62 ratings here. 61 of them are from fantoids who think that every Kingdom Hearts is the bestest evar!

User Info: Tgirl

Tgirl
5 years ago#13
Since I'm using the Search bar to pretty much find anything "non spoiler", I can see that UpDownSMACK is one of the trouble-makers, here?

His account is New User so that raises a red flag right there, other than what he says of the story. (Which is actually a positive for the rest of us.)

To NaturalGirl, I definitely suggest you watch a walk-through or test play it on someone's 3DS when it comes out this summer (or winter if you're in the southern hemisphere) in order to judge it for yourself.

Also, check out this no spoiler thread with a user (Blaze), who actually played through the game who gave his own 2 cents on it:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997779-kingdom-hearts-3d-dream-drop-distance/62694519

So, that's a good alternative if you want an impression that's aside from people watching livestreams. :D

One thing from JP Amazon reviews that some people have touched on, because the environments are huge this time, it's not exactly easy to find treasure chests all in one go. (However, a lot of these reviewers don't seem to be good at being patient. And some of them, I find them to be stupid posts. Other people might not be good at platforming. I feel like deja'vu seeing some posts complaining on the difficulty level when JP players complained KH1 was too hard. *smacks forehead* =.=;;)

The game isn't out yet in the US, so a lot of those ratings are not based on actually playing the game. That being said, just about everyone (I don't want to say everyone because one person will pop up and get offended) thinks this is far better than Coded and is one of the best in the series. Pretty much all info coming out is positive and the negative "stuff" is turning out to be good. At first flowmotion seemed OP, but that was because people were rushing through the game and were under leveled. Once people played through normally, people realized it wasn't as bad as it first appeared.

That reminds me of a lot of people feeling that Flowmotion is the most relied on technique so far in the game. I wonder if half of the Japanese Amazon reviewers were rushing through DDD just by reading your post?

I don't think we have to worry so much on the bugs if they're going to be fixed. There will still be a glitch or two when the localized version comes out (as the past KH games also had their own quirks like floating in the air in Destiny Islands).

The only thing some of us have to worry about is if our Drop meter goes to zero in the middle of the boss fight, and we return to that boss fight with the HP full. In order to combat that, I suppose we have to make sure to keep our meter full and have as many "mbs" (item) as possible in order to prevent a switch.

User Info: kewldude475

kewldude475
5 years ago#14
UpDownSMACK posted...
Pros:
-HUGE world areas
-Flowmotion is a fun way to get around
-Brings back exploration
-Reality Shifts are a pretty interesting evolution of Reaction Commands
-There is far more difference in the areas Sora and Riku explore than in the areas of BBS

Cons:
-Worst KH story to date
-Extremely limited ability and deck command customization
-Little-to-no original post game content
-Dream Eater abilities are far less varied than the game makes you believe
-The Drop function is pretty annoying

Soooo, it's like...so so lol. It literally has as many pros as cons. So if the game is $40...you probably shouldn't pay more than $20!

I am almost 100% sure based on your posts that you haven't played this game, so stop posting, k?

UpDownSMACK
5 years ago#15
Tgirl posted...
Since I'm using the Search bar to pretty much find anything "non spoiler", I can see that UpDownSMACK is one of the trouble-makers, here?

What makes you say that? Because I don't blindly love everything about the series?

I've yet to flame, troll, or offend on here. The only infractions I've received are ones on the Soul Calibur boards because....I'm pissed off about that game. =_=

Your friends here? Hiro. Extic. Derp. Eldy. They're going around, acting the knight templars in SPADES. But you've yet to call them out on any of it. Why is that?

Don't answer. It's a rhetorical question. I'll just piss some wisdom on you: I'm not a troll, and you're not a superhero out to condemn me. So shut the hell up about it.

User Info: vgsrule

vgsrule
5 years ago#16
Soooo, it's like...so so lol. It literally has as many pros as cons. So if the game is $40...you probably shouldn't pay more than $20!

That...doesn't make sense. Not only are these pros and cons probably just things you thought of off the top of your head and entirely based on opinion, that would mean the game has to be flawless to be worth full price.

I feel like I might have took that too seriously but still.
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe

UpDownSMACK
5 years ago#17
vgsrule posted...

That...doesn't make sense. Not only are these pros and cons probably just things you thought of off the top of your head and entirely based on opinion, that would mean the game has to be flawless to be worth full price.

I feel like I might have took that too seriously but still.

I have been CLOSELY, PAINFULLY ANALYTICALLY been following the videos. For things I didn't understand, I asked, after which I applied the answers to the videos once more.

That's a hell of a lot more you can say for somebody who sees only five minutes of the game, then goes "IT'S THE BEST ONE EVER! TOTALLY WORTH IT!"

User Info: DuskBringer

DuskBringer
5 years ago#18

Worst KH story to date

Completely subjective.
http://kh-info-block.tumblr.com/
For all your Kingdom Hearts needs.

User Info: vgsrule

vgsrule
5 years ago#19
I have been CLOSELY, PAINFULLY ANALYTICALLY been following the videos. For things I didn't understand, I asked, after which I applied the answers to the videos once more.

That's a hell of a lot more you can say for somebody who sees only five minutes of the game, then goes "IT'S THE BEST ONE EVER! TOTALLY WORTH IT!"

None of that has anything to do with what I said. I was criticizing your strange math.
http://backloggery.com/khff123
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/A_Metal_Pipe

UpDownSMACK
5 years ago#20
DuskBringer posted...
Worst KH story to date
Completely subjective.

Subjective enough to break the fanbase in half.
  1. Boards
  2. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
  3. Is This Game Worth Buying? (No Spoilers Please)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived