How to get dog to howl! Works so well!:)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
  3. How to get dog to howl! Works so well!:)

User Info: Surprise19

Surprise19
5 years ago#1
I was looking on here to get my dog to howl and saw that people tried to play clips online of whistling.

I found this site: http://soundbible.com/tags-whistle.html
and used the DOG WHISTLE one, just to see if I could here it and my dog on my open nintendo 3ds on my bed started howling INSTANTLY.:)
It should work for you too!

User Info: katysu

katysu
5 years ago#2
Does it really work?
I know I should try.
I've "listiened" and of course it is silent, as dog whistles are silent to human ears.

But the dog ingame, isn't a dog, but a computer program developed by and for use by, humans. Hence my doubt.

User Info: ericaneedssleep

ericaneedssleep
5 years ago#3

well first of all I could hear it. and it was loud as **** and continued to get louder. and my ds was right next to my computer and my dog didn't howl, even my real dog didn't do anything.

User Info: Thrippa

Thrippa
5 years ago#4
Horrible sound, that; my mom asked me to turn it off. Neither the live dog nor the virtual one so much as twitched an ear.
(message deleted)

katysu
5 years ago#6
Deleted my post hours later as I came back and realised it could offend
- certainly was totally unintentional but text you know, is a very funny medium to communicate in, so many pitfalls.
What I said made me laugh, but might not others.

Suffice to say I tried the site again and could get nothing but silence out of the dog whistle sound, so I'm puzzled.
I wouldn't have thought a real dog whistle would work, a toy whistle might, but I have no problem with whistling so hopefully when I come to it (If I ever do) I'll make my dog howl.

User Info: Thrippa

Thrippa
5 years ago#7
It's official; Eve is just stubborn - or maybe tone deaf. I got Rhett's Howl option to come up, called him over, nerved myself to try endless times to no avail, and whistled at him - immediately he threw back his head and howled. Speak command. Okay, but I did get Eve to do it, once. I whistled again - Rhett howled. (Speak command.) I whistled a third time - Rhett howled. Speak command - name trick - trick learned. So my second dog now knows all the commands, while my first puppy won't howl for love nor treats. And certainly not for whistles. Sigh.

katysu
5 years ago#8
Congratulations!
Never you mind Eve, don't take any notice of show-off Rhett; think about it tomorrow.

User Info: InsanitySmiles

InsanitySmiles
5 years ago#9
I got my dog to howl at a youtube video. http://youtu.be/-ZwsK36BzcY#t=16s I held it pretty close to my laptop speakers.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendogs + Cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
  3. How to get dog to howl! Works so well!:)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived