Controls - 6 button layout

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FenderMaster

FenderMaster
6 years ago#1
As excited as I am about this game, being a huge SSFIV fan, I just can't imagine plaing this without my trusty arcade stick, or at least 6 face button sega saturn style layout... I have Street Fighter Alpha 3 on PSP, and as great a game as it is, plaing with a plus shaped D Pad, 4 face buttons and 2 shoulder buttons just doesn't feel good, and makes it much harder to play...

and hardcore SF fans have any thoughts on the matter, is the touch screen solutin really a good one? it would be hard to switch between face buttons and touch screen mid combo...
Coming to a Zangief related topic, near you, soon...

User Info: trizznilla

trizznilla
6 years ago#2
Agreed. But I gotta admit I had a ton of fun with match of the millenium on NeoGeo pocketcolor, and that was only two buttons.
hardcore about the casual.

FenderMaster
6 years ago#3
yeah, that worked because it was a different game entirely, not to mention the NGPC's lovely little stick thing, but SFA3 for PSP really makes me worry about a 6 button fighter working on a 4 face button handeld. the touch screen macros will be a necessity for ultras of course..., since pressing X, Y and L simultaneously will be a little awkward, especially given the complexity of FADC combos, but taking your thumb of the buttons to press the screen... i dunno... it has me worried

one things for sure, the analog stick will definitely be better than the 3DS tiny d pad

User Info: Shindough

Shindough
6 years ago#4
I'm pretty well used to it by now, seeing how I played nearly all my fighters with a pad in the past (which includes SFA3 on PSP). Heck, I started playing SFIV with a pad. I was able to play just fine, and I was even able to do a few ultras (Guile's/Vega's included).

Though I mainly use stick now, playing on the 3DS shouldn't effect me much. And no way am I going to use the touchscreen for macros and such.

It feels very uncomfortable at first. But as you play overtime, I'm sure your hands will adapt.
Hi.

User Info: john_4_p

john_4_p
6 years ago#5
You can use it to mainly practice those BnB combos which involve mostly light and medium attacks.

FenderMaster
6 years ago#6
Yeah, i can see myself practicing giefs cr LK links or Kens cr Mp > st Hp links, in a way it could be cool, 3DS could be totally lagless, but that might throw me off when transitioning to my tv and PS3... ah sure, we'll see in a couple of months, still very interested in this game

User Info: john_4_p

john_4_p
6 years ago#7
Let's just hope the game will really run at perfect 60fps. If it's less lag than at our TVs that should be bearable. ;)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived