This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Phineas (spoilers)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ThadBarr

ThadBarr
5 years ago#1
Everyone's favorite sea lion is back! Apparently, hanging around passing out balloons to children creeped too many people out, so he's become something only slightly less disturbing: a scout leader.

At first, I thought he was wearing archaic hiking gear, and I couldn't figure out what his purpose was. He gave me something, then disappeared. What that something was, I couldn't figure. Later on, I read Beck (?) mentioning his museum donation award for fish, and I located something on my ID card that looked just like that. Ah ha.

But today, when I ran into Phineas again, I worked out exactly what was happening. He's not a hiker, that's a scout uniform. And he's giving out merit badges. This time, after I spoke with him the first time, he didn't disappear. So I just kept initiating conversation till nothing new happened.

So here are my Merit Badges as of this morning:

Fish Master (bronze)
Bug Master (bronze)
Sealife Master (bronze)
Skillful Fisher (bronze)

Master could also be translated as Professor, I suppose. I personally suspect you get this qualification based on the number of recorded species in you three different record books. But Museum donations could work too, in which case I would go with "Professor" over Master.

As for "Skillful Fisher", I'm guessing this has to do with the overall gross number of fish you caught. That would explain why I don't have the Skillful Diver or Bug Catcher merit badges yet. If this is a badge for quantity, Skillful might not be the best description, but I don't known another translation for "jouzu".

There are spaces for 24 merit badges. When I left the Boy Scouts, Rabbit Raising was still a badge you could get...Wouldn't that be awesome if they included that one? I could just lock Bunnie up in my second floor, and...Uh, where was I?

Anyway, I hated scouting. Hopefully this will be better. Wait, I'm a guy playing as a female character (I'll adopt my primary manly male persona for the NA version)--do you think Phineas will kick me out?

User Info: ThadBarr

ThadBarr
5 years ago#2
Phineas stopped by for a second time tonight, this time dropping off my bronze Skillful Bug Catcher merit badge.

I wonder when I'll get the silver versions.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived