This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Of all the damn places to move in...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Of all the damn places to move in...

User Info: mondo0102

mondo0102
4 years ago#1
this Sylvia decides to move in right next to me, RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TOWN BRIDGE. -_- That leaves a narrow strip of land above her house to access the bridge!

http://imgur.com/C4E4ohR

I am very displeased and now considering kicking this idiot out. Is Sylvia is a neighbour worth keeping? And if I do manage to kick her out, is there a chance another moron will move to the exact same lot?

I know that we can build another cobblestone bridge as a public works project, but is there also a way to move the one you start with? Thanks in advance.

User Info: blueman164

blueman164
4 years ago#2
Well, this is Sylvia:
http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Sylvia

And you can always destroy your original bridge after building a new one if that helps.
3DS FC: 3523-2564-9981

User Info: LuminothWarrior

LuminothWarrior
4 years ago#3
I'm not too sure, but Isabelle said you can only have 3 bridges, and that you'll have to tear one down if you do more than 3. I don't see why you couldn't move your starting bridge.
Vash@Hyrule: 5199-0348-5905 Wii: 0024-7732-8424-0921 X360: Vash1022 Steam: vashkins1022 3DS: 4639-8956-6531

User Info: jasam01

jasam01
4 years ago#4
I have read that once you've built the 2nd bridge, you can deconstruct the first,

I've also read that patterns and/or public works stop lots being placed. So if you move her, shove a pattern down there so no-one can dpo it aain.
Golden Sun DS ^^

User Info: KezzieZ

KezzieZ
4 years ago#5
UGH. Sylvia's house in my town is way too close to where I wanted to put my 3rd bridge, so I feel your pain, in a way. I'm trying to kick her out of my town, too.
3DS FC: 1032-1275-4775, PM if you'd like me to add back.

User Info: NS_Arcane

NS_Arcane
4 years ago#6
That's weird, considering the fact that Isabelle doesn't let you build bridges within that "close" range of a resident's house. That I know of, you'd need to demolish an existing bridge and build it again elsewhere. I'm sure that there's no "move" option.

That's one issue that I have with this game. You can hardly get attached to any ideal location because you never know if/when somebody will take it when they move in.

User Info: PS2Gamer

PS2Gamer
4 years ago#7
My first 2 new neighbors moved in directly next mo me boxing me in.....
~ ~ ~ Where Angels Lose Their Way ~ ~ ~
/| ~ Love would have conquered all..... ~ |\

User Info: Arrei

Arrei
4 years ago#8
Apparently you can check for problematic move-ins by making your first log-in of the day a brand new character. If someone's moved in somewhere bad, you reset and the game will choose somewhere else. If they pick a good spot, you save the character, and maybe delete them later if you don't want them hanging around.

I haven't tried if this actually works yet, mind. No one moved in today since the Bug-Off's going on.

User Info: Luigi4President

Luigi4President
4 years ago#9
Same thing happened to me! Stupid hamster Rodney moved in right on top of my house, my bridge, and my orchard garden! Argh! After I make him miserable and leave town, I'm going to put a public works project there so nobody can move there. Probably just a bench, or a lamp. Or a fountain.
Everytime I find the key to success, somebody changes the locks.

User Info: JohnNiles

JohnNiles
4 years ago#10
Arrei posted...
Apparently you can check for problematic move-ins by making your first log-in of the day a brand new character. If someone's moved in somewhere bad, you reset and the game will choose somewhere else. If they pick a good spot, you save the character, and maybe delete them later if you don't want them hanging around.

I haven't tried if this actually works yet, mind. No one moved in today since the Bug-Off's going on.

When they say "first login of the day", do they mean first login after midnight, or first login when it's daylight?
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Of all the damn places to move in...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived