The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Are there rare villagers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Are there rare villagers?

User Info: Engel

Engel
3 years ago#1
I ask because I'm starting to suspect the villager RNG favors some over others. I've been doing the villager reset trick for about 6 hours now. I'm locked into uchi for my next villager, so I'm attempting to get Phoebe. I've literally hit every other uchi besides her at least once. I believe I've hit Hazel over 9 times now. Is this just bad luck?
No one cares what you're currently playing.
3DS FC: 1590-4686-5697

User Info: Dracovis

Dracovis
3 years ago#2
I'm pretty sure it's bad luck. None are more rare, just more wanted. Sorry, just keep trying :(
--My 3DS Friend Code: 1736-0728-6052
SoulSilver Friend Code: 0088-5705-0198

User Info: Externica

Externica
3 years ago#3
Well, first of all, the game forces a personality in you do not have.
Other than that, yes, it's just bad luck. There's really no rare villager.
Only popularity.

User Info: darkshadowspawn

darkshadowspawn
3 years ago#4
Each villager has an equal chance of showing up...you've just got the RNG gods against you.
My great weakness is the love I have for the fair sex, and pretty much all my trouble comes from or can be traced to that charming source.
- Myles Keogh

User Info: FredSavage27

FredSavage27
3 years ago#5
Externica posted...

No it doesn't. Broffina moved out and I've been waiting two months for a new snooty villager. By the time I finally got one in the campsite the other day, my village was full.

User Info: hellokittygirl1

hellokittygirl1
3 years ago#6
FredSavage27 posted...
Externica posted...

No it doesn't. Broffina moved out and I've been waiting two months for a new snooty villager. By the time I finally got one in the campsite the other day, my village was full.

Yes it does. It doesn't count if it's your 10th villager, seeing as only 9 and under can be truly random move ins instigated by the game.
3DS Friend Code: 3368-1648-7922 Leah
Dream Code: 6900-2332-8545
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. Are there rare villagers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived