This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

AC Puzzle League: Amiibo Powers Guide

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. AC Puzzle League: Amiibo Powers Guide

User Info: Zargon19

Zargon19
1 year ago#1
So I went nuts and bought all the animal crossing Amiibo figures because of this game (I've been a Tetris Attack/Panel de Pon/Puzzle League fan for decades), and I thought I would put my monetary sacrifice to good use to let everyone know what all their powers are and what exactly they do. I will explain most of the powers in more detail, and lets you know how many blocks you need to clear before you can activate them.

Blathers
Panel Pause - Briefly stops panels from rising. Lasts for 10 seconds. 25 block clears.

Celeste
Double Bonus - Doubles your score for a short time. Lasts for 10 seconds. 20 block clears.

Cyrus
Garbage B Gone - Changes garbage blocks to regular panels. 25 block clears.

Digby
Vertical Wipeout - Deletes two columns of panels. Two complete rows are deleted vertically where your cursor rests, no matter which point on those lines it is. 20 block clears.

K.K. Slider
Back from the Dead - Gives you one last chance. Doesn't activate until you would otherwise lose, prevents you from losing for 10 seconds. 30 block clears

Kapp'n
Surround Wipe - Deletes panels around your cursor. Gets rid of blocks within 1 block of the two cursor panels, as well as the two panels you are currently on. 12 block clears.

Kicks
Biggest Fall Hardest - Deletes the tallest column of panels. 30 block clears.

Lottie
Fruit Shortage - Reduces panel varieties by two. Affects the next 5 lines (I think) to be generated, and the effect can be stacked. 25 block clears.

Mable
Sniper Wipe - Allows you to aim and delete panels. Your cursor changes, and lets you get rid of specific sets of blocks for 10 seconds. This gives you enough time to wipe out pretty much the entire screen if you so choose, but you can also use it to set up a good amount of chains and combos really easily. 25 block clears.

Mr. Resetti
Big Reset - Randomly changes all panels. This does not include candy or garbage blocks. 20 block clears.

Reese
Max Fruit Change - Changes most-common panel type. Always changes it into the least common panel type. 30 block clears.

Rover
Blight - Deletes one whole type of panel. This is completely random, having nothing to do with the panels your cursor is currently on. 25 block clears.

Tom Nook
Random Fruit Change - Randomly changes one panel type. 20 block clears.

Villager (default)
Horizontal Wipeout - clears the entire row of whatever horizontal line of blocks your cursor is currently on. 15 block clears.

Both Isabelle figures and the Nooklings are currently en route via amazon, so I will update with those figures when I am able (perhaps in a new topic). In the mean time, feel free to tell me what they are if you have them! =D

User Info: awesomenintendo

awesomenintendo
1 year ago#2
Great guide. thx. Can we all agree that this puzzle league game is fun, deep, addictive and the Desert Game is sweet, clever and challenging (later in the game)

Over 10 hours of extra gaming, free! Thx Nintendo
Splatoon is game of the decade. 500 hours in, still loving every battle!

User Info: awesomenintendo

awesomenintendo
1 year ago#3
Zargon19 posted...
Mable
Sniper Wipe - Allows you to aim and delete panels. Your cursor changes, and lets you get rid of specific sets of blocks for 10 seconds. This gives you enough time to wipe out pretty much the entire screen if you so choose, but you can also use it to set up a good amount of chains and combos really easily. 25 block clears.

Holy crap! Wow!
(breaks out Mable!)
Splatoon is game of the decade. 500 hours in, still loving every battle!

Zargon19
1 year ago#4
Mable is pretty powerful, yes.

Zargon19
1 year ago#5
Bumping so more people can see.

User Info: Sleepeh_Panduh

Sleepeh_Panduh
1 year ago#6
Which Amiibo do you suggest using? I haven't played yet, but I have all the amiibo and I want to unlock Lip's outfit, which you get for doing well and scoring a lot of points.
"I thought you couldn't afford to lose...give up on yourself, and you give up on the world."

Zargon19
1 year ago#7
Sleepeh_Panduh posted...
Which Amiibo do you suggest using? I haven't played yet, but I have all the amiibo and I want to unlock Lip's outfit, which you get for doing well and scoring a lot of points.

As mentioned above, Mable's seems pretty powerful. It is both great for getting out of trouble and setting up combos and chains. It is on the longer end to charge, but IMO it should probably be 30 blocks instead of 25 for how powerful it is.

User Info: rini124

rini124
1 year ago#8
Is there any way to add an Amiibo into a current story mode progress or do you have to start over to do it?
~*Jen*~ - 3DS Friend Code: 3737-9519-1063 (Jennifer)
PSN: rini124, Xbox 360: Princcesss Jen, Wii: 2275 9197 2602 2533, Wii U: Princess.Jen

Zargon19
1 year ago#9
rini124 posted...
Is there any way to add an Amiibo into a current story mode progress or do you have to start over to do it?

I don't believe you can change, you should basically consider the amiibo you picked as your chosen "character" (and if you didn't pick an amiibo, villager is your character).

User Info: NicksFixed

NicksFixed
1 year ago#10
Isabelle's is called Slow Panels and it slows down the rising blocks for a short time ...
  1. Boards
  2. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  3. AC Puzzle League: Amiibo Powers Guide

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived